SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 SAO which one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 SAO which one? Login/Join 
posted
I am looking to pick up a 226 SAO. I am in between the Elite and Legion. I know there are some minor differences in the 2, but is the Legion worth the extra few hundred?

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
I am looking to pick up a 226 SAO. I am in between the Elite and Legion. I know there are some minor differences in the 2, but is the Legion worth the extra few hundred?

I have both a Legion and a SAO R. I guess it isn't officially an 'Elite' but very close. The pistols share virtually the same frame with just a couple minor differences. Once I installed a set of Hogue G10s and a solid guide rod the only real differences are the finish, a couple patches of checkering, straight vs curved trigger and the obviously different sights. If I were forced to choose only one it would be the RX. Has all the advantages of the Legion with a better finish and a better sight set-up, and a lighter, smoother and crisper trigger, which is probably just a variation between similar pistols. The RX is the most accurate pistol I have ever shot, while my Legion features a trigger that is inferior to the SA break in both my WC Berettas, both with the action tune.

At the end of the day you have to decide what you want to spend your hard earned dollars on based on your priorities, and your impressions with the individual pistol you check out. Good luck!!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
I bought an SAO Elite a couple years ago as a range toy 50th bday present to myself. I added Hogue checkered G10 grips (~$100) consistent with my other pistols and have been shooting it in Steel Challenge. I've looked at Legions, but in this configuration, I'm perfectly happy and wouldn't spend the difference.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I can only speak to the Legion SAO but it's the best in my opinion. I also picked up the RX slide for it, as I'm trying to get better with that concept. I carry the fixed sight on duty and it rivals the best 1911's I've carried but, down deep, it's a good old reliable 226. Can't beat that.

I do have an elite 229 to somewhat compare. I've found the extended beavertail not really to my liking as much.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post