SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can we talk P210 threads for a minute?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we talk P210 threads for a minute? Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
OK, they aren't all the same, simple as that. The ones I like and keep were made in Swizzerland. Smile Yeah, the good ones, well made and going up and up. Then the company sold out to a bunch of Krauts (my ancestors). They realized they could make them cheaper and a little worse, so they did. Then I don't know what happened, but they decided to start making them over here. Could be the ocean freight was eating them alive, or not. So now they're made here and they only want about a third of what you can pay for an original, or maybe half of what they want for the nazi version. But its just as good, honest. Frown

Its back to supply and demand. They didn't make enough Swiss ones to cover all us rich 'Mericans that want them. The German ones none of us want. Because the 'merican ones are just as good. Now we have a thread open about not shooting +P in those same domestic guns. Ever wonder if they're just as strong? But the Ferringers over there regularly shoot sub-gun ammo with no negative effects. And its heralded as being much hotter. Many of the "range" guns are reported as firing well over 100,000 rounds and still going strong. Well, maybe except for replacing springs.

So it gets us to where we are today. First, maybe its not important because none of us can afford to fire 100,000 rounds, except cops who shoot for free. But even so, I'd expect my 1970s vintage P210s to fire hot loads forever, or as long as my billfold holds out.

So why don't we call the P210A, or American versions just that? And then the German ones P210G (thats new, I admit). And leave the Swiss originals as just P210. Oh, and when the "carry" ones ever reach the market, if they do we can identify them as P210C or P210L for light weight. Anyone know if they'll blow up early using +P or even light target loads? Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good idea, but I think that horse had died already.

Consider how many times the P220 is referenced. Then how many times the caliber gets mentioned also.
To most: P220 = 45 Auto. I don't think it will ever be brought down to the differences of a P220 in 9mm Luger v/s a P220 in 9mm Para.
Other calibers have little mention or are not known of at all (9mm Steyr P220s anyone?). Same with the P226.

Most don't intentionally omit the details, they simply might not be aware of the other versions of the P210 until they present themselves as the members are learning more about Sigs.

I hope to have a P210 in 7.65mm someday...

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: P220...these days it's not .45ACP but instead is 10mm that is the caliber that's referenced the most by customers. We rarely get requests for a .45 P220, but quite often are asked about the availability of the 10mm models.

Changing with the times...

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I had one of your beloved Swiss 210's. It drew blood from me every time I shot it. Could not sell it fast enough! Then the American made ones came along built for American hands. Feels great and I (rested on a sand bag) shot a 5 shot group inside of a quarter! As for the +P and +P+ I simply asked that guy why? Then later he mentioned home defense. Then I would say in moderation is fine. But why use high pressure loads on a finely tuned pistol?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I wish you would post some photos of them rburg. Do you have film for your camera?

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You shouldn't run +p in the these guns?

Not that I would run a steady diet of +p through one but I always thought the P210 was a very strong design??

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
...and most P220s are really P220-1s. It seems impossible to get most to use.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shaggy Dog Story Alert

Some years ago I got a bargain* on a Switzer P210-6. I even splurged on a set of adjustable sights to make it a Real -6.
It is well made and accurate, but the ergonomics are awful. Truck spring heel catch and loong reach to what superficially appears to be a convenient safety. It doesn't hammer bite me but it is batting about 667 for others who want to try it.

So it is pretty much a centerfire plinker and as the guy said about the engraved shotgun, "If you don't see any game, you can sit on a stump and admire your gun."

I was getting all excited when I read here that Bruce Gray was working on a mag well funnel and magazine extension that would make a P210A competitive in USPSA and IDPA. Unfortunately - or maybe fortunately - the local dealer's slightly used P210A Standard sold before there was anything concrete said about those parts.

*Bargain: A bargain was once defined as "Something you don't need at a price you can't resist."

Posts: 3290 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
FWIW, Since the '80s, if memory serves, I've owned four Swiss 210s. IMHO, the build quality of the Swiss guns is beyond reproach. Since the German 210s came along, had three of those, and now an American version. Shooting carefully as I can from the bench, all my current 210s, Swiss, German, and 'Merican shoot with the same precision. The best single, fractionally smaller, group was produced by my current Swiss -6, but I could not duplicate it. And I am just not good enough with any manufacturer's 210 to duplicate the ~1" groups Q/12131 shot with his American 210. I've not shot tens of thousands of rounds of hot ammo through any single 210, but over the years have shot IMI black tip "Carbine", other rather hot Israeli military ball ammo, NATO, +P and +P+ in some of them without issue. I don't know that my 210s are Glock robust, but thus far have proven durable in that nothing has cracked, bent, broken, etc.

Of the bunch, my favorite has became the German Target version. It is as well fitted in all respects as my previous and current Swiss gun, has equal trigger quality, is finished as well inside and out, and is as precise and reliable. The Swiss guns hammer bite me badly, as in immediate bloodshed, and I never enjoyed the heel type "truck spring" magazine catch Jim Watson mentioned. We won't likely know how the durability of German and American versions compare to the Swiss, until they have been in service another 70 years or so like the Swiss guns. I'll have to report back on thatWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nazi version?

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^ What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that’s whats stated in the OP post, so I also like to know what that means.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
My bad, yes Rburg wasn't bright in his casual use of that reference.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
PM Hide Post
Well, that’s whats stated in the OP post, so I also like to know what that means.

Is this where the Lighten up Francis meme goes?

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t know what you mean by that? Suppose an attempt to be funny?
It’s not quite “done” to call anything made in Germany “Nazi”. That’s quite offensive, especially for Europeans.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedwobble:
Don’t know what you mean by that? Suppose an attempt to be funny?
It’s not quite “done” to call anything made in Germany “Nazi”. That’s quite offensive, especially for Europeans.

I mean rburg is not known for being smoothly polished around all the edges and getting one’s knickers in a twist over something he says (or types) is likely wasted energy. By all means carry on though.
Cheers.

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting me know. I won’t get my knickers in a twist for someone who acts like a d**k and seemingly gets away with it.
Let’s carry on.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Para explained rburgs posts to us all maybe 6 or 7 years back. He's a valued Member here, actually fun to read but we cant be too thinned skin. We should get more cranked that the old grumpy bastard wont never post pictures of his Swiss guns. Must be ol fashion burg.. Big Grin

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'm certain that OP's use of the term 'Nazi' was in NO way intended to offend anyone, or any group, but rather just a harmless off color descriptive of the German P210 used for style points in his semi-rant re: the multiple variants of the P210.

That said, 'rburg' claims the 'Krauts' as his ancestors and is apparently German, therefore his use the 'N-word' can be deemed OK, just like it's apparently OK when all the rappers and urban thugs use their 'N-word' with impunity... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8938 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Ha Ha Ha, I don't have problem with rburg at all.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post