SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt 1903 US Armament question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 1903 US Armament question Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Do these newly manufactured US Armament 1903 Colts have a firing pin block? The original version lacked that safety feature and if dropped might discharge.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I wasn't aware of this reproduction until I saw your post, but it intrigued me so I did a little looking and found this:

https://gundigest.com/handguns...-for-concealed-carry

The article does not mention a firing pin block, so I would assume that means that the repros do not have one, however they increased the hammer/sear engagement surfaces so that the guns would pass a drop test than the originals wouldn't (article didn't specify what the testing conditions were).

IMO, I wouldn't be afraid to own one just for range fun, but I wouldn't carry it...and drop safety concerns are only one of many reasons for that.

Posts: 8594 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post