SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: Break Free CLP Liquid or Aerosol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: Break Free CLP Liquid or Aerosol? Login/Join 
Picture of elberettas
posted
Hello Everyone,

For those who use Break Free CLP, which do you prefer and why?

Question:
In which form do you prefer Break Free CLP?

Choices:
Liquid
Aerosol

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've never found myself in a situation where I needed to "hose down"/"hose out" something with pressurized CLP, or needed to apply CLP from several inches away.

Seems like anything you need a CLP for, you can accomplish with it in a liquid form, either by putting drops directly on, reaching in and applying more precisely with a cotton swab, applying to a rag and wiping on, or putting in a container and dunking.

The liquid is a better value too. I buy CLP by the gallon jug, and divvy it up into smaller dropper bottles as needed.

If you really need some pressure behind your CLP (for some reason), put some liquid CLP in a spray bottle. That way, you aren't paying for unnecessary propellant, or worrying about the propellant running out before the oil does.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like both and use whichever is on hand at the moment but "maybe" use aerosol more often.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I buy the large can of Breakfree CLP aerosol, shake it well and spray some into a 1 oz. needle oiler bottle.

I go both ways, sometimes hosing out devices, and sometimes precision lubing with the needle oiler.

(With other products like Tetragun or G96, I've collected all three: spray cleaner/light lube, oil version and grease version.)

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I buy CLP by the gallon as well, and keep it in jars and use a tooth brush etc.

I have also used the aerosol as well, but the gallon is cheaper and lasts a whole lot longer.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I prefer the aerosol as it is widely available and easy to use. I just spay a little bit of it on patches to use. If it costs a little bit more I don't care as I like the convenience and a can lasts me 4-5 years anyway.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple, more bang for the buck with liquid.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

That way I can apply it where needed, without wasting it on overspray.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I HATE with the strongest terms possible, the aerosol version of Breakfree. It sprays a MASSIVE amount of lube all over the place. Splurts it out in a mess. I dont understand this product.

Now Breakfree in the bottle, love the stuff.

For aerosol, I really like the Remoil aerosol cans. The stuff comes out of the cans nice and even and in a fine mist spray pattern. Of course, Remoil is not an actual lube and should be considered a light cleaning chemical only. Use it to clean and wipe down guns, then apply a REAL lubricant that wont dry up and disappear in a few days.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Liquid. Less mess.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post