SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I lucked out and was able to buy 2 P322's from Top Gun Supply 2 weeks ago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I lucked out and was able to buy 2 P322's from Top Gun Supply 2 weeks ago Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
I had put my email address with TGS in to be notified when P322's came available. A month ago, my boys, best friend, and I were on a 2-week road trip in the western US. During our 1st week of traveling, I got an email notification that they had come in stock from TGS. Unfortunately, we were somewhere in Wyoming at the time with poor reception and by the time I got the email the guns were already gone.

Fast forward to my last day of vacation. We had made it back to my friend's house in Oklahoma and were chilling out until my boys and I had to leave for home the next day. I just happened to be on my computer and got another email notification saying the guns were in stock again. I immediately logged in and was able to purchase 2 of the 322's. Soon after that I received a call from Brad asking about who the person was I would ship them to (I had put my ffl's info in but he was unfamiliar to Brad.) I explained to Brad I would prefer to pick them up after vacation but in my haste to purchase the pistols I just put the ffl info in and would call TGS later to discuss that.

After talking with Brad we agreed to me picking the guns up after my vacation after work one day. I was able to stop by on Tuesday(a few days later) and got to chat with Brad and drool at the Sig case again Eek My experience was very good and chatting with Brad was very enjoyable and I would definitely go back again. (Brad told me I got the last 2 322's the day I got them Smile ) Brad even refunded the money I paid for shipping. Who does that?!?

Today my 17 year old and I got to try them out for the first time. For our first time, I would give them an A/A-, but have to say the only issue we had was about 5% FTF/FTE out of 400 rounds; but I cannot blame the pistols as I did not clean them/lube them prior to shooting them. Also, I noticed the ammo was pretty dirty, so I think that may have been a problem too (Browning hollow-point copper jacketed.)

I will give the pistols a good cleaning and try another type of ammo next time. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and very much enjoyed getting to meet Brad at TGS. I have been to TGS before (I bought my 2nd USC there a few years ago,) but never really had a conversation with anyone before this experience. TGS has an excellent reputation on this forum and I see why. They treat their customer's well and make them want to come back. My experience finding these 322's was pretty neat and I had to share with SF.

Having the mag loading tool definitely makes loading them quick and easy. You definitely have to be careful to keep the ammo upright as they can jam in the magazine quickly if you're not careful.

My 17 year old trying his pistol out.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Lucky!!!!

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Very lucky! I‘m on two email lists and have come up late every time including one canceled confirmation. Happy shooting.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

I can’t get one here as we have that stupid 15 round magazine limit. Guess I’ll have to wait for the P315….

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Lucky!!!!

Agreed! I tried like hell to log in while traveling but missed out. To get a 2nd chance and actually be on my computer at the time, I was shocked.

quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
Very lucky! I‘m on two email lists and have come up late every time including one canceled confirmation. Happy shooting.

I agree! Keep looking, you'll get one sooner or later. I was prepared to pay ArmsList pricing if I had to but lucked out. To get them from Top Gun Supply was even better. Their gun case with nickel Sigs is amazing!

quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Congrats.

I can’t get one here as we have that stupid 15 round magazine limit. Guess I’ll have to wait for the P315….

I bet they'll release neutered mags sooner or later. I forgot CO had them stupid laws. We started our vacation in Colorado Springs and got to visit Pike's Peak and we loved CS! Too bad CO has the crap gun laws now Frown

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first outing involved direct comparison with my KelTec P17. I was underwhelmed, with many misfires, lesser accuracy, and poorly regulated sights...by comparison. The magazines are the shining feature, for sure. They only fight the last two rounds, but he first 18 are fairly easy to load. But, the overall quality of the unit compared with those of KT, Taurus, G44 is superior.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Great review, thanks for the write up!! Enjoy those guys!

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
The magazines are the shining feature, for sure. They only fight the last two rounds, but he first 18 are fairly easy to load.

I agree 100%. The supplied loader makes it a breeze to load but round #20 is a challenge to load for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by squad13: Great review, thanks for the write up!! Enjoy those guys!

Not a problem. I'm looking forward to our 2nd range trip, after I've cleaned and lubed them up.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Cool... I scored one at my local shop a month ago. walked in and they had just got it. It never made it to the case. I bought a rmeo zero and I need to mount it and take it out. Been to busy working OT at work though.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree 100%. The supplied loader makes it a breeze to load but round #20 is a challenge to load for sure.

Now that my 20rd mags are broken in, I can easily load 22rds by hand and have loaded 23rds with the loader tool on the last round.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post