SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Body Armor recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Body Armor recommendation Login/Join 
posted
May not be the correct forum. Any Level IIIA recommendations?

Posts: 62 | Registered: May 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I just switched my department to the Point Blank Alpha Elite Black in level IIIA. It's the thinnest most flexible IIIA body armor I have ever worn.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first place issued me a Second Chance Level IIIA vest. My current place issued me a Level II Armor Express. I was hesitant at first because of the step down in protection, but man, it’s a comfortable vest. If I were buying one, I wouldn’t have a problem with Armor Express getting my money.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
I never really considered the need for body armor, but ever since we had some poor soul get shot while driving past one of the riots that was taking place a few miles from my office I decided that it was time to pick one up. After much research I ended up going with a London Bridge LBT6094B and Steel Ops Armis plates. They're very affordable and the performance is pretty incredible. They're definitely worth a look. (They're also always out of stock, but if you follow their Instagram you can get updates on when they restock. They sell out fast, but a window opens about every 4 weeks.)

I have it hanging off the back of the driver's seat and it's a small comfort knowing it's there.

https://shop.steelops.com/products/armis

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the OP posted about LIIIa so we are not talking hard plates. I have been using point blank and have been very happy with it, but I don't actually think in the soft armor space it makes much difference with a certified supplier. Once you want hard armor that thought changes.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't Para have a thread very similar to this?
Not to long ago?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4430004704/p/1

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Didn't Para have a thread very similar to this?
Not to long ago?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4430004704/p/1

Yep, a lot of good info on that thread ..

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post