SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A different kind of P365 reassembly issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A different kind of P365 reassembly issue Login/Join 
posted
As a P365 and P365XL owner, I'm aware of the two primary issues that can arise when reassembling the gun. The first is that the takedown lever is not down, which is cured by lifting the slide stop, and the second is the safety lever near the sear is in the up position which blocks the slide.

I have a different issue.

The sear on my P365 is "up" and blocking the slide. See the pic below. Concurrent with this is that my takedown lever is in the down position and will not rotate counterclockwise and up. This prevents me from pulling the trigger and lowering the sear.

So how do get the sear down so it no longer blocks the slide? Christian cursing has not helped.

Let me just add that this occurred after I removed the thumb safety. I also removed the thumb safety on a different P365 and did not experience this issue.

Thanks.

Pic stolen from reddit user danielpari95.

Posts: 29 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the slide off, lift the slide lock lever, then rotate the takedown lever up. Now pull the trigger. Then slide lock up, takedown down and install slide.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but when I lift the slide lock lever, the takedown lever will not rotate. Something is blocking it.

posted Hide Post
Hmmm... pull the FCU out and see what’s hanging up? Maybe the magazine disconnect is stuck?

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I think I broke the dang thing. The bar connected to the takedown lever (the analog to the trigger bar) is now loose. I may need to take this sucker to a gunsmith and let him figure it out.

posted Hide Post
I dropped my P365 off at the gunsmith. At first blush, even he could not tell what was wrong with it. There is something going on back near the sear that's blocking its movement. And on top of that, I jacked up the interface between the takedown lever and the bar to which it interfaces. That part is on me. So it is pretty d*cked up at this point, but I've hopeful it can be made right. Fortunately I have plenty of other toys to keep me busy in the interim.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike748:
Maybe the magazine disconnect is stuck?

Magazine disconnect(?) on a P365?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, lads, I got the P365 back from the gunsmith who (I think) said the trigger bar popped off the engagement to the sear or words to that effect. This would have occurred when I removed the thumb safety most likely. So attribute this one to a user-induced malfunction, which is far preferable to a random breakage. But a box of ammo later and My Precious is back on my belt where she belongs after supplanting the P365 XL from that esteemed role.

I need to further acquaint myself with the workings of the FCU so I can self-diagnose going forward. Honestly I've ignored it up to now.

Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on getting your gun fixed and thanks for posting a description of the problem.

Congratulations also on ridding your pistol of the ridiculous manual safety!

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very glad you got it fixed, but I do have a question. How did the frame turn from black to blue and magically heal the hole where the manual safety had been?

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I waived my magic wand and bloop! Brand new color and the hole was gone.

posted Hide Post
I sure would like to borrow your magic wand.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powernoodle:

I need to further acquaint myself with the workings of the FCU so I can self-diagnose going forward. Honestly I've ignored it up to now.

FWIW, I am a long-time gunsmith and I have avoided doing this with my P365. I even have a flat trigger I want to try out, but I've just been too lazy to start pulling things apart...

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post