SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compare a 2011 grip to some other pistol for me?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compare a 2011 grip to some other pistol for me? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
All these STI threads have me jonesing for something I don't need. In all my years of shooting, I can't recall ever handling a 2011 in 9mm. Pretty sure I haven't seen any 2011 of any flavor in a local shop, so no chance to paw one there, let alone a boutique STI.

Looking at the STI Staccato P, what "normal" pistol would its grip size be compared to?

G19? 229? Something else?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mine has the aluminum grip frame, It isn't noticeably wider than a single stack 1911 with wood grips. No problems shooting 10mm one handed.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
The standard 2011 grip is only around 1/4" bigger than a 1911 grip.

Textured ones are more rounded and are real close to a 1911 in circumference.

Oh by the way, 9mm 2011s shoot like 22s.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post