SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig's Prototype Electronic Personal Lock System (EPLS) SP2340 & P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig's Prototype Electronic Personal Lock System (EPLS) SP2340 & P229 Login/Join 
Picture of sleepla8er
posted

I've enjoyed watching Historic Investments YouTube channel for a while now.

Yesterday, they posted video of Sig's prototype P229-EPLS & SP2340-EPLS handguns with an Electronic Personal Lock System (EPLS) built into the frame that is used to lock up the pistol.

Both pistols are .40 S&W

The SP2340-EPLS serial number FUMU03 is believed to be 1999 manufacture.

The P229-EPLS serial number AI 15146 is believed to be 2000 manufacture.

I'm glad this was never brought to market!!!

www.YouTube.com/watch?v=gIV3KpoG7fE

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hideous

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Just saw a blurb in my local paper about the new "smart" guns coming to market. They use a fingerprint to activate the gun, if that fails you can enter in a pin number. There is no way in hell I would ever carry one of those things!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
if that fails you can enter in a pin number.

Will I also have to prove I am not a robot and find all the bicycles? Smile.

Look I TRULY believe that we as gun owners have a responsibility to secure our arms when not in our control but this “smart” gun tech is gonna get folks killed.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
As far as collecting goes, those are pretty awesome. As far as guns go, not so much…

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hideous

That's almost an understatement ......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Maybe they can incorporate a fingerprint reader in a Gas Pedal type lever.

If they can do "smart gun" then there's no technical reason they can't have LED sights. A small RDS is more evidence.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marvie. Dead battery = dead you. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post