SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 .40/.357 SIG Optic Cut Slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 .40/.357 SIG Optic Cut Slide Login/Join 
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted
Does anyone know if there's an already optic cut P320 .40/.357 SIG slide available? I know I can send it out to get milled, but I would like to have both versions (stock and RDO ready). Thanks!

Posts: 1922 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
While I have no done it personally, you should be able to use a 9mm slide with said RDS toss in your .40S&W barrel and it will work.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The 357 SIG and 40 S&W P320 barrels have a larger outside diameter than the 9mm barrel and therefore will not fit into a 9mm slide. (Yes, I just checked to make sure. Smile )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Does anyone know if there's an already optic cut P320 .40/.357 SIG slide available? I know I can send it out to get milled, but I would like to have both versions (stock and RDO ready). Thanks!

I’m not aware of SIG or any aftermarket pre cut optics slides in .40/357.

Re: milling, be aware sone of the older model 320's have a deep channel cut underneath/rear section of the slide and cannot be milled for optics.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
Re: milling, be aware sone of the older model 320's have a deep channel cut underneath/rear section of the slide and cannot be milled for optics.

That’s something to possibly be aware of, but I believe it’s true only of 9mm P320 slides. Removing metal from inside stainless steel 9mm slides is something that SIG has long done, evidently to lighten the slide as compared with slides for 357 SIG, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP. In any case I just checked two three full size 357/40 slides, including one on a pistol acquired seven years ago, and none has the lightening channel.

9mm slide on left; 357/40 slide on right:

If I were purchasing a 357/40 slide used, and that’s probably the only way it would be possible these days, I’d ask for a photo of the underside just to be sure, but I doubt it’s something to be concerned about.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Shows out of stock. But email them and they will set you up. They did with me. They also have other designs.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post