SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P225 A1 Grips Shooting Loose
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P225 A1 Grips Shooting Loose Login/Join 
posted
I have a new P225 A1 with the black G-10 grips which are shooting loose with very few rounds fired. I read on Sig Talk that this is common for G10 grips and that the constant tightening of screws can strip the grip screw threads in the aluminum frame. What is the best way to manage this issue?

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O rings

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
O rings

Brilliant idea! Small and thin should do the job,having the effect of rubberizing the G10 grips. Screw tightening still light, done only with thumb and two fingers.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Loctite has done the job for me when needed.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go with O-rings or purple Loctite. Blue might be a little too stiff and make it hard to get the grips off if you need to.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used O rings or blue (medium) loctite many times. Blue is fine, don't use RED.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Vibratite VC-3. It prevents screws from coming loose. No heat etc needed to remove the screw like some versions of locktite. Also, you can apply it, and then remove the screw manually several times before you need to reapply it.

https://www.vibra-tite.com/thr...ite-vc-3-threadmate/

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Be careful with the Blue. Many of those are rated for 1/4” or larger fasteners. Purple — like Loctite 222 —is a better choice.

Also, grease is a good alternative.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I use white lithium grease on grip screws. You can sock them down and they will not shoot loose.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post