SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield Arms announces 9 round magazine for the Glock 43
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield Arms announces 9 round magazine for the Glock 43 Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
Nine rounds in the G43 is a lot of firepower in a small package.

https://youtu.be/E6dxDiC7bSI

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
9 rounds out of an extended baseplate mag? Not worth it. If it was flush, maybe yes. I wonder how long the base plate will be compared to the grip length of the G43X

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I get the whole Glock reliability thing, I have several Glocks, even had a 43, but if you need to Glockenstein it all up and it still falls short of a stock P365/Hellcat/Shield Plus, what's the point?

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:
I get the whole Glock reliability thing, I have several Glocks, even had a 43, but if you need to Glockenstein it all up and it still falls short of a stock P365/Hellcat/Shield Plus, what's the point?

How many G43's do you think were sold before the P365, Hellcat, Shield Plus were introduced?

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
9 rounds out of an extended baseplate mag? Not worth it. If it was flush, maybe yes. I wonder how long the base plate will be compared to the grip length of the G43X

Again, how many G43's do you think were sold before the G43x was introduced? I'll bet there are a lot of G43 owners who are glad to see another option for more capacity.

Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:

How many G43's do you think were sold before the P365, Hellcat, Shield Plus were introduced?

I'd just sell my G43 (like I did) and get something else before I'd be pumping more cash into it. Sometimes you have to punt.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd just sell my G43 (like I did) and get something else before I'd be pumping more cash into it. Sometimes you have to punt.

For people in states like CA where these guns are restricted - it’s a lot easier to get new mags than buy another.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
quote:
quote:

For people in states like CA where these guns are restricted - it’s a lot easier to get new mags than buy another.

Ah, I forgot about Californiastain. Can we punt and sell that too?

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's supposed to be the same size as the OEM 6-round G43 mag w/ pinky extension. Most G43 owners I've encountered dislike the flush 6-round mags, b/c it leaves their pinky dangling.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fun fact - California is the third largest market for guns in the US last I heard.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the G43 a lot. All my G43 magazines use +1 extensions, no longer than the little finger extension.

I've used the Shields now in the G43X and G48, and have ten or so mags for each pistol, with each using the steel mag release. To date I've had no issues with either.

I'll buy a handfull of the G43 magazines and try them, and with hope that primers make an eventual return, even beat them up a little. If they can squeeze reliable nine rounds into that space, I'll be impressed.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I pulled out my obsolete and useless G43 tonight and carried it to the store. Honestly surprised I wasn't killed and raped with my obsolete useless G43 with 7 rounds. Thank god I had a spare 6 round magazine. Probably saved my life.

I prefer the flat baseplate of the stock G43 mag. I'm pretty sure I wont be a buyer.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fun fact - California is the third largest market for guns in the US last I heard.

Crazy, as you said, it's easier to buy mags over new guns... It must suck that they can't get a hold of anything other than a G43 easily.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I’m interested in them. But I’m not sure I want to get them and change my mag catch. I have Taran tactical +1 and 2s on my 43 mags.

I have several S15 mags for my 43x and 48 and like them fine. Since I normally carry the 43 with a +2 the new Shield mags will only give me one more round. I’ll have to ponder for awhile.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Crazy, as you said, it's easier to buy mags over new guns... It must suck that they can't get a hold of anything other than a G43 easily.

You can’t even get a 43 easily - they go for $800-1200 on the second hand market here. (Basically only LEO’s can buy them - but they often get sold to upgrade to the next big thing.). We haven’t approved a new semi auto here since around 2013 - 2015.

posted Hide Post
I carry a g43 with +1 extension and if this is the same
Size then I’ll be all over it. Getting a new mag release is no big deal.
I don’t trust the 365. Thought a lot a shield plus but it’s a little big for how I carry at work and I’ll never buy anything from Springfield armory. A couple of these makes perfect sense to me. I don’t have to go through the ass pain of selling my g43 and it brings me back into modern times

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a nice option. Having to buy and install the newer mag. release can be questionable. On one hand, the newer STEEL mag. release,(you need the steel and not aluminum, as the aluminum one will get chewed up by the steel mags-personal experience),will be better than the polymer due to the metal mags,obviously. The downside, is that original polymer mags will get chewed up with the steel mag. release,also personal experience. Swapping out the steel release might cause some to scratch up the frame on the inside. I have a few angled picks to help in the swap but it was not easy and chewed up the inside of the grip/frame.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my 43 just fine with the flat 6 round mag with another stuffed in my pocket. I carry my 43x and a 19 at times also but I like my 43 for what it is. I don’t think I’ll be a buyer either.

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How many of those people have already put Taran, Pearce, Hyve, etc. baseplates on their mags, or installed Magguts spring kits (with or without the +2 baseplate)? There have been a lot of ways to add capacity to the G43 on the market for a long time.

The 15 round 43X magazine was transformative. In point of fact, I think a lot of 43Xs were sold specifically because the 15 round mag was available. I don't see this as transformative. It's barely evolutionary. If they made a 10 round flush fit (and maybe a 12 round with an extension also), I think it would get a lot more interest. I don't think too many of these will sell, despite the huge number of G43 non-Xs out there.

quote:
quote:

Again, how many G43's do you think were sold before the G43x was introduced? I'll bet there are a lot of G43 owners who are glad to see another option for more capacity.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I could get a 9 round mag that doesn't extend 2 inches below the frame of the gun, I'd buy several. They would turn my G43 into possible edc gun.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post