SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kudos to Walther CS

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Kudos to Walther CS Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a used PPS M2 from my LGS. After field-stripping the firearm to inspect it, the recoil spring/guide rod assembly fell out of the slide/barrel assembly. Doing a little research online, it seems somewhat common and apparently doesn't affect function, once reinstalled.

I emailed Walther CS asking if I could purchase a new recoil spring assembly as a piece of mind because I was unsure of the round count. The very helpful gentleman asked for my address and mailed out a new one free of charge. Even when I initially said I purchased it 2nd hand and was willing to pay for a new recoil spring assembly.

Kudos to their CS. Hopefully, I don't have to use it again (on my 3rd Walther) but glad to know they help out the owner.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thats a fine shooting pistol. Encouraging news about Walther. Good to know, Thanks for sharing your update!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. Sounds like Walther takes care of there pistols and their customers.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Good to hear.

I switched to the PPS M2 from the Glock 19 as my EDC gun last May - currently own 3 of them, Great Gun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Love the Walther pistols. Have the PPS gen 1 and gen 2. May use the gen 2 for EDC later.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Awhile back, I (like most owners) had a great deal of difficulty field stripping and reassembling my Walther CCP. Sure enough, a piece was broken or lost and I needed to send it back to Walther for replacement part(s). While the design truly sucks (unlike the PPS M2, that I LOVE), the customer service was outstanding and I got my pistol back within a couple of weeks. Very good communication and turnaround doesn't cure a bad design, but they do see to care about keeping their customers loyalty by addressing issues.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
PPS-M2 LE version absolutely eats anything. However, it is the only pistol that I found to need Talon grips - including the magazines.
With a very short barrel, this is a 7 yard pistol. Found that accuracy after cleaning improves after a few rounds. Have a note on cleaning kit to depress something at the back of the frame when putting the pistol back together. Fits like a glove. Few hundred dry fires and lots of rounds, and the trigger becomes more smooth. Fits new IDPA BUG rule, but G26 or G43 are probably better choices for that competition. Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I just picked up a used PPS M2 from my LGS. After field-stripping the firearm to inspect it, the recoil spring/guide rod assembly fell out of the slide/barrel assembly. Doing a little research online, it seems somewhat common and apparently doesn't affect function, once reinstalled.

Yeah, that's fairly common.

Mine didn't fall out, but, the first time I went to re-assemble the pistol I thought "That's it???" Had to double-check. Used to recoil spring assemblies being difficult, if not sometimes painful, to re-install Razz

If that was the only problem with current production Walther pistols I'd have added another Walther, by now. As it is: Still love my PPS M2, but no more Walthers for me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of fflmike
posted Hide Post
Mine is a little loose too, but I love my PPS M2. The recoil spring/guide rod assembly on my wife's Glock 42 falls out every time I pull the slide off, LOL

Sig Compact Nickel, Sig Ultra Compact in 45 & 9, Sig Texas Silver, Sig Texas Gold, Sig P220 45acp WG, Sig P226 9mm WG, Sig P938.

Posts: 17 | Location: Waco, Texas | Registered: February 01, 2014Report This Post