SIGforum
Old Colt Officer's Model Provenance

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6380099125

August 31, 2026, 11:27 AM
BlackAgnes
Old Colt Officer's Model Provenance
https://imgur.com/a/Wf8Yw0N
Well, after first being lost in the mail, I received my Factory letter on this revolver. It was shipped July 11, 1935 to George F. Herold, 7 Market Place, New York City. Herold was a retired NYPD Officer who opened a gun shop across from NYPD HQ, near Jovino's. It was shipped for the Ridgefield Police Department in New Jersey, which is a few miles from Manhattan. It was Factory engraved R.D.F.P.D., the R.D.F. probably shorthand for Ridgefield . It was one of 9 in the shipment, which may account for the "#2" engraving. It is a 6" blued model in .38 Special, which the Factory letter confusingly states the caliber as ".38/c".
I have stored the original grips and the revolver currently wears an original pair of Ropers.
A very nice cased piece; no idea when or by whom the case was furnished though.


"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"
August 31, 2026, 11:41 AM
1KPerDay
Beautiful. I have a heavy barrel model also but with a LOT more wear and tear. Still shoots smooth as butter.


---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
September 01, 2026, 12:38 PM
BillyBonesNY
One of my classes was held in a building opposite of this man’s gunshop.

It was where my father purchased his first carry gun in 1966. S&W model 36

I studied photography at School of Visual Arts
I’m originally from Manhattan.

http://vanishingnewyork.blogsp...f-centre-market.html


----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org
September 02, 2026, 06:46 PM
ArtieS
I have the .22 target version. Serial numbers says 1930.





"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.