SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old Colt Officer's Model Provenance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Old Colt Officer's Model Provenance Login/Join 
Member
posted
https://imgur.com/a/Wf8Yw0N
Well, after first being lost in the mail, I received my Factory letter on this revolver. It was shipped July 11, 1935 to George F. Herold, 7 Market Place, New York City. Herold was a retired NYPD Officer who opened a gun shop across from NYPD HQ, near Jovino's. It was shipped for the Ridgefield Police Department in New Jersey, which is a few miles from Manhattan. It was Factory engraved R.D.F.P.D., the R.D.F. probably shorthand for Ridgefield . It was one of 9 in the shipment, which may account for the "#2" engraving. It is a 6" blued model in .38 Special, which the Factory letter confusingly states the caliber as ".38/c".
I have stored the original grips and the revolver currently wears an original pair of Ropers.
A very nice cased piece; no idea when or by whom the case was furnished though.


"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"
 
Posts: 729 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. I have a heavy barrel model also but with a LOT more wear and tear. Still shoots smooth as butter.


---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
 
Posts: 3759 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
One of my classes was held in a building opposite of this man’s gunshop.

It was where my father purchased his first carry gun in 1966. S&W model 36

I studied photography at School of Visual Arts
I’m originally from Manhattan.

http://vanishingnewyork.blogsp...f-centre-market.html


----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org
 
Posts: 7247 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have the .22 target version. Serial numbers says 1930.




"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
 
Posts: 13696 | Location: Florida, Northwest of the Mouse | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old Colt Officer's Model Provenance

© SIGforum 2026