SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What mods, if any, did you do to your Sig Legion?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What mods, if any, did you do to your Sig Legion? Login/Join 
Picture of Rockrivr1
posted
After careful consideration and going back and forth I pulled the trigger (pun intendedSmile)on a new Sig Legion 226 w/ the Romeo1 optic. I should be getting it next week.

With that said I'm wondering what, if any, mods owners of a 229/226 Legion have done to their guns and if you were happy with the mod after you did it?

I was thinking magwell for one, but looks like I'll have to modify the grips and use different mags other then the Sig mags it comes with.

Posts: 59 | Location: Mendon, Massachusetts | Registered: April 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added/replaced a fat guide rod, rear sight and mag well to my 226 SAO. Very happy with this "games" gun.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rockrivr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigforall:
I added/replaced a fat guide rod, rear sight and mag well to my 226 SAO. Very happy with this "games" gun.

What magwell did you you install? All the ones I've look at so far require mods to the grip and mecgar mags only. Is that what you did?

Posts: 59 | Location: Mendon, Massachusetts | Registered: April 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a threaded barrel on mine and left it otherwise "stock". It doesnt need much in my opinion.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magwell is the TRT unit which does require the TRT proprietary magazine bases. Finish on the magwell matched perfect to the gun frame. No grip mods necessary. The parts were not cheap but are very well made.

I have seen others having problems with the TRT customer service, this was NOT my experience.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I installed the Gray Guns Captured Guiderod, Gray Guns Dual-Adjustable Curved Trigger, Armory Craft Supermatch-Style Checkered Takedown, P-Shim, and TRT +2 Magazine Extensions.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I put the standard slide catch on mine and filed the grip down to fit it.
Other than that I put a reduced power main spring in it and all was good. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got rid of the Romeo1 and put an RMR on it. other than that optic its pretty darn good.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't do anything. I bought a Legion because it already had all the mods I needed, or wanted.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
I didn't do anything. I bought a Legion because it already had all the mods I needed, or wanted.

100% agree..You took the words out of my mouth.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
P226 Allround checkered grips with a standard slide lock lever.
Gray Guns EDC/SOT kit.
Sig Armoror Superstrut with the supplied 20# spring.
Trijicon HD XR sights with red front.
Armory Craft hammer.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What might that have to do with a question about the legion?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On both my P226 and P229 Legions, I had Bruce Gray install his EDC straight trigger system, and replace the Legion slide lock lever with a standard P226 slide lock lever. For someone who has been a LE firearms instructor training with these two platforms for over 20 years, these two small modifications are significant improvements, worthy of your serious consideration.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Other than it's my P226 Legion?
The OP asked what, if any mods you have done and I listed what I swapped out on mine.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:

Other than it's my P226 Legion?
The OP asked what, if any mods you have done and I listed what I swapped out on mine.

Wait...are you saying the gun pictured in your post is a Legion?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
They make them in black.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Don’t have it yet, but my X5 Legion is going to get a Deltapoint Pro w/rear sight and a .455 tall front fiber optic to co-witness. Eventually, it’ll get an Armory Craft Sport takedown lever (or another gas pedal option) and maybe an Armory Craft trigger. I’ve got to get some round with the stock trigger before I adjust it.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
They make them in black.

Not an LEO black one, PVD gray that was just wiped down with CLP so the pinstripes don't pop so much.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
They make them in black.

Not an LEO black one, PVD gray that was just wiped down with CLP so the pinstripes don't pop so much.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the Legion was available in any other color than the grey. There isn't any mention of a black finish on the SIG Sauer website...although it wouldn't be the first time that SIG offered something not listed.

My reaction was the same as hrcjon, in that there is no way that I would have pegged the gun in the picture as a Legion, which would lead to the obvious question as to why it was posted in relation to the topic.

Not the greatest pic...you might consider using a longer shutter time or some natural lighting to achieve a truer representation of the actual finish color of the gun.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
X5 Legion

X5 229/226 Legion?