SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Paging Ken@Hogue re: New P226 CONTOUR CLASSIC G10 grips
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Ken@Hogue re: New P226 CONTOUR CLASSIC G10 grips Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Just noticed these grips listed on Hogue website.

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips...p226-contour-classic

No descriptions or pics. Can you give us some preview? Pics, if you got any. Thanks.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Are they the ones on the Equinox P226?

P226 EQUINOX ELITE FULL-SIZE

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Are they the ones on the Equinox P226?

Well, there are no pics on Hogue's site. So, it's just a guessing game.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
I think Paten is right.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Here I amSmile
Yes, this is a new change/offering.
Here is a sample of the GMascus Green textured.
These grips have a slight palm swell as you can kind of see it due to the layer of the laminate.
The pic's above could also have the palm-swell, just with a different texture pattern. This too also shows the new texture design.

Sorry, but currently this is the only picture I can get my hands on. Anyone going to NRA, I'm told there will be a sample on display

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir. Much appreciate. That one looks like what Hogue means by "Inverse Checkered"?

Q

Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
.. That one looks like what Hogue means by "Inverse Checkered"?

Correct!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Damn it… I have a buddy with a Custom Works Equinox that some idiot switched grips on. We have tried several outlets including Sig who says they are not available. I was really hoping to make his day by getting these for him. Guess he will just have to keep waiting for the genuine Equinox grips to be available.

Dave

Posts: 467 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's always good to see you, Ken. We appreciate your presence in the forum.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Hi Ken,

Will you be offering the contour grips for the P229? I'll be your first customer, if so!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

Will you be offering the contour grips for the P229? I'll be your first customer, if so!

I can't say for sure BUT it is a possibility.
Ill try to Keep Ya'll posted.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I want to upgrade to G10's these will be nice,

Can a E2 P226 take regular grips like these?

I searched and found the answer it should just require grip screws which I have plenty of hogue hex head screws I never used in wrap so that should be good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Kind of hard to tell from the picture about the "palm swell" mentioned...

I bought a dessert tan P226 a few years ago and the factory grips were awful. Ugly brown plastic. I fixed it with these and am very happy.

But in looking at the ones Ken posted above I like them even more better.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
I want to upgrade to G10's these will be nice,

Can a E2 P226 take regular grips like these?

Yes, Hogue grips can be a direct replacement for the E2 grips, only need 4 grips screws.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
OK, as I have always said, when I know more I will let you all know more.

Contoured P226 have been available for some time but now P229 as well as SIG P320 AXG are also available with the contoured as well as flat grip panels.
All are available in Inverse Checkered and or Piranha.
The AXG is a 3 pcs. grip that come with a matching mainspring housing.

P226 along with the P229 are also available, Inverse Checkered and Piranha textures.
226 and 229 the texture wraps around the grip giving a more secure grips.

All models show in stock ready for delivery, subject to change.
P226

P229

P320 AXG

P210

All are available In G-Mascus Blk/Gry, G-Mascus Green and solid Block

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken @ Hogue Inc,

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ken, for the update.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just got a couple of sets in for the P229, one is the Piranha G-Mascus Black, the other Inverse Checkered G-Mascus Black.

I'm showing pics of the Piranhas (Contour Classic vs. Original)

The Contour Classic has more of a curved surface that truly conforms to the palm of your hand as opposed to the original with surface that is mostly flat. This, combined with the uninterrupted pattern flowing from one side to the back then to the other side, gives you a little more traction than the original grips. The Contour Classic might appear quite thicker side-to-side, but the difference is only a tenth of a millimeter (34.02 mm vs. 33.90 mm). Another design change that appears to have no functional significance but is pleasing to the eye is the bottom rear that is beveled. I call it the miniature bobtail. Big Grin An important feature that carries over unchanged is the back strap's contour. Hogue's new Contour Classic is definitely a winner in my book.

Q

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Nice, I'll have to give these a try.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken, I have my old 1988 West German P226. I’ve always had your rubber grip panels since 1989, which I love but would like something similar to the original plastic grips with the checkering not like the later factory p228 plastic ones they have these days. Do you have anything like the original pattern or that would fit my legacy p226.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Update with quick review of the Inverse Checkered. Found some surprise.

The Inverse Checkered lives up to its name, a complete inverse of the original Checkered. Just like the Coontour Classic Piranha, its pattern runs uninterrupted from one side to the other, and the curvature is identical. Now, the surpise I found is that it's not as grippy/aggressive as any of the other Hogue grips, original (Checkered, Piranha, Chain Link) or Contour Classic Piranha. This is perhaps due to the bluntness of the high points. I would rate its grippiness right between the stock plastic gip and the other Hogue just mentioned. So, for those who are looking for some in-between grips in terms of aggressiveness, the Inverse Checkered might just be for you.

Q