SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mauser HSc 7.65. mfg in 1970
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser HSc 7.65. mfg in 1970 Login/Join 
posted
I happened to notice several posts about a Mauser HSc on this forum this forum so I thought it would be OK if I asked a question about my new acquisition, a 1970 HSc in 7.65 made in 1970.

This gun looks brand new and came with two magazines, a box, owners manual, and factory test target dated 1970.

I have not shot it yet but I noticed that the trigger/hammer assembly makes quite a “clicking” noise when cocking the hammer. It all seems to work OK but I was wondering if this noise is normal.

I had one of these about 15 years ago but new nothing about the magazine insertion automatically closing the mag or the safety system. Thinking it was defective, I foolishly took it back to the dealer when in fact, there was probably nothing wrong with it. It may have been a .380 since I remember it had quite a recoil.

Any information about this would be appreciated.

I tried to register on the Mauser Guns Collector forum, but there seems to be something wrong with their system (Can anyone get ahold of their administrator/moderator for me?).

Thanks ahead gang.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You might try the guys over at the P38 Forum. I'm confident someone over there will be able to give you answers. It's a good group of guys. Try posting your question in the General Discussions section.

They've also got an Off Topic & Other Firearms section. Your question might be a better fit in there.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That "clicking" you mentioned is quite normal. I have one of the Interarms imported ones in 32acp and it makes the same noise. Also had one in 380 and it made the same "clicking" sound. I wouldn't consider it a problem.

Incidentally, you are totally right about the 380 having some recoil. When you look at the angle of the grip, it's easy to see why! That's really the main reason why I sold that one. The 32 is pretty pleasant though IMO.

There was a discussion on another forum about the HSc a few yrs ago (can't remember which one but I'll let you know if I find it). One of the main participants of the discussion was really knowledgeable with Mauser firearms in general and claims that HSc pistols chambered in 380 are not a good choice, but the 32 caliber is the way to go
(he states the reason but it's slipping my mind).

I'll dig around and see if I can find that website and thread. Stay tuned.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
There was a discussion on another forum about the HSc a few yrs ago (can't remember which one but I'll let you know if I find it). One of the main participants of the discussion was really knowledgeable with Mauser firearms in general and claims that HSc pistols chambered in 380 are not a good choice, but the 32 caliber is the way to go
(he states the reason but it's slipping my mind).
The .380 chambering of the HSc has a reputation for very poor durability. The late Dave Arnold of Guns & Ammo magazine referred to the .380 HSc as a "thousand round pistol". I would say the OP is fortunate to have the .32 ACP version of this pistol.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks kaschi, that is really good news. This gun is absolutely beautiful. The prior owner had it since it was new and says he only shot it once.

I picked it up for $600 plus shipping and feel like I stole it. I really have to send him something from my collection to even this out.

Thanks again,

Trooper Joe

parabellum I checked the P38 forum and posted my message. They have a lot of info on the HSc guns.

This sort of rounds out my .32acp collection:

Colt 1903
Seecamp 32
Walther PP and PPK (German made)
Beretta 81
Sig Sauer 230 in 32
KelTec P32
CZ 83 in 32 acp
Mauser HSc, .32 acp

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Those Mauser HSc are a good looking handgun. I know they made a bigger model called super. It came in .380.

They also made the HSc 80 in 9x18Ultra but I was never able to get one. I believe forum member jehzsa had one , either in the super or 80 model.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to help you out!

As to what Para said about durability with 380 versions, he's exactly right. That's what I was eluding to without actually writing it before I could provide supporting proof.

My HSc is the American Eagle Edition of which 5000 were manufactured in the mid to late 1970s. They were serial numbered "1 of 5000", etc. The first 250 or so were in 32 acp and the rest in 380. Interestingly, the SN on mine is "32 of 5000".

One last comment about durability regarding these pistols and the Heckler & Koch Model HK4 which is "sort of more or less" a HSc with an aluminum frame. It was offered in 22lr, 25 acp, 32 acp and 380acp. The 380 is known to be self-destructing.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had a bright nickel version and found a 32 barel for it and it drops right in. Made for a nice option. I'll edit and post pics if I still can find them (sold the gun to a friend who has a weird kink with collecting Mausers)

edit: found some. all these are 7,65B (32acp)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post