SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For today's dose of weirdness, I present The Frank Wesson Superposed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For today's dose of weirdness, I present The Frank Wesson Superposed! Login/Join 
posted
In the powerhouse .32RF caliber, this manually operated two shot pocket pistol is all you could want for self protection in 1868....

There is a version in .41RF that features a short blade that can be extended out from the center pivot.

Pressing in on the small stud on the bottom of the frame allows the barrels to be rotated so that the lower barrel moves to the firing position, or from the center position, the barrels can be loaded.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see buggering up the grip screws apparently began in 1868.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I see buggering up the grip screws apparently began in 1868.

I wish it were just the grip screw.... Every screw on this guy is trashed! Plus one grip is cracked, and tons of finish issues.

On the other hand, it was inexpensive and makes a neat addition to my "early pocket pistol" group...

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more I dig into the history of “pocket pistols”, those more it hits home that the more things change, the more they remain the same”…

Tons of innovation, dodging around patents, making the latest, greatest, bestest ever tool with which to protect yourself!

But all so cool, especially when you can grab an original example without breaking the bank.

BillR

posted Hide Post
Wonder how many riverboat poker games that one has seen...very cool.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frank Wesson Superposed

Cool, very cool...

Had to googltize the gun for the knife model, that is the way to pocket carry! Clearly the screw isn't vintage, looks like the grip screw had a brass ring with a flat head maybe?

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That thing is awesome, especially the version with the "bayonet" Big Grin.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post