SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rock Island 1911?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Island 1911? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And Armscor has an operation in Nevada if you need work done.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Unless you are in some never before mentioned place that still has dirt cheap prices for guns.... you got a deal, even if the pistol has a problem and needs work.... just my opinion.

Oh and speaking of 1911's, I'm not a 1911 guy but a Sig p series one.... I do own a Springfield though. I have a good friend, retired Marine D.I., who loves his 1911's and I talked him into joining me a few years back at the Sig Academy and we took a shooting a pistol at a distance class... you've never seen a bigger smile on a Marine as when he was hitting that steel body silhouette with a Sig 1911 at 120 yards!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have very large hands. Single stacks fit much better,
but I still have a few double stacks.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very impressed by the one RI 1911 I handled. It was the Cerakote model. I actually purchase one in California, and then my dealer in turn sold it to another buyer before my pick up day expired. (Very bad form of the dealer.) That one was tights on the slide, and had a beautiful crisp trigger. It actually felt better in the shop than the Kimbers that were near twice the price.

Posts: 5 | Registered: June 11, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And Armscor has an operation in Nevada if you need work done.

They are very responsive and sent me (for free) the proprietary bull barrel supporting reverse recoil spring plug and the spring I needed. I bought a pistol in pieces that the original owner was too stupid to figure out how to put back together and ruined that part along with the spring.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 over 10 years ago now. One in 9mm and one in 45. Both have been flawless all this time. They eat every bit of ammo I've tried without any failures.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
because of SASS rules, I shoot one in Wild Bunch matches. Never choked or sputtered

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It came with only one magazine. What would be the best brand mags to buy?

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown was running a promo on mags awhile back. You send them an old mag and you get a new Ed Brown mag for $10. I sent in some old GI mags to get the deal and when I got the new Ed Brown mags, I tried them in my Citadel. Ran great! The promo is still on.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I only have the one. Are Wilson or Mec-Gar good to go?

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yes

quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Thanks. I only have the one. Are Wilson or Mec-Gar good to go?

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
It came with only one magazine. What would be the best brand mags to buy?

Tripp

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3444 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my RI 1911a1.

Fires everything I've fed it, jhp to ball to steel case. No issues at all.

Only regret is the GI sites, wish I had gone with a target sight model. Still very effective at the range for plate shoots though

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I have had several RIA 1911s and currently own 2 that I am super pleased with. My current specimens are a 5 inch 9mm and a 5 inch 2011 with rail in 45acp that is a double stack. I’ve had zero reliability issues and generally don’t upgrade much other than triggers and sights. The 2011 has been my 3gun partner for 2 matches.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3613 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post