SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P striker assembly change
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P striker assembly change Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
Quick question. I want to put a new striker assembly in my M&P 9 compact. Can I just drop it in and be good to go for a carry gun? I cannot get to a range for a week. Would the pencil test work?
Thanks.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
You can do a function test, including using a pencil, but I would want to shoot it first before carrying the gun and relying upon it.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes. The striker will just drop in. The pencil test will give you an idea as to functionality, but I am curious. Did your old one break? If not, why not leave the old one in?

And is your M&P a newer one? Or is it an older one that might have an older non upgrade striker installed (pre 2007ish)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Jerry, Midway had them on sale for 10.00 a pop, so I bought several. The gun(1.0) has a lot of miles on it. Just doing some spring cleaning.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If you use the same striker spring, you will probably be GTG but if you use a reduced power, you might get light strikes.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Just dropped the new one in and it passed the pencil test! The only springs I mess with are recoil springs.

quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
If you use the same striker spring, you will probably be GTG but if you use a reduced power, you might get light strikes.