SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What holsters do you wish they still made today...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What holsters do you wish they still made today... Login/Join 
Picture of rstaton
posted Hide Post
Rcs phantom.....

Posts: 163 | Registered: September 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badhammer:
Renegade Cozy Partner ankle holster. Most comfortable ankle rig ever. Another company started making but I’m not sure it’s the same as the original.

I wore one out and, about wore the replacement out when I retired. Greatest ankle holster for a 642 I’ve ever used. I was sad to see them go.

They are being made by Wilderness now (the belt people). If the quality is as good as their belts, they should be good.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
quote:
Renegade Cozy Partner ankle holster. Most comfortable ankle rig ever. Another company started making but I’m not sure it’s the same as the original.

I wore one out and, about wore the replacement out when I retired. Greatest ankle holster for a 642 I’ve ever used. I was sad to see them go.

They are being made by Wilderness now (the belt people). If the quality is as good as their belts, they should be good.

Same here, I think I went through 2 of them over the years for my bobbed hammer 36 then later on for a 442. Back then you had to call on the phone to order them, very nice people I remember.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
quote:

Same here, I think I went through 2 of them over the years for my bobbed hammer 36 then later on for a 442. Back then you had to call on the phone to order them, very nice people I remember.

I wore a Renegade for years. When it finally gave up the ghost I bought the Wilderness one.

I'm happy to tell you that the Wilderness version is just as good (if not better) than the original Renegade (better stitching).

It's one of the very few instances of something new actually being improved.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Comp-Tac CTAC.

They are still in production, but the variety of pistols they're made for nowadays is dramatically reduced.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The too-soon passing of Bruce Nelson has made it impossible to obtain his holsters. While Milt Sparks continues to make at least two Bruce Nelson designs, there was a hunting rig, for revolvers, that Bruce Nelson used to make, that looked very interesting.

Not many police officers are still carry revolvers, but I lament the apparent passing of the revolver versions of the Safariland 070. I transitioned to autos in 1997, and retired in 2018, but if I were to assemble a duty rig, for Nineties nostalgia, or perhaps a more-serious reason, I would want to find an 070 to fit my 4” GP100 revolvers.

I miss the early Blade-Tech holsters, made when it was a small family business, producing art with sturdy Kydex.

And, I will echo those who wish that the RCS Phantom was still available. Of course, someone has, since then, built a better OWB Kydex rig, the OWB at JM Custom Kydex.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voshterkoff and Monobloc, A second on disappointment with Bladetech shift in production. They still do their classic OWB in real kydex, which is one of the best competition holster going. And i have learned to live with the injection molded Eclipse holsters. What disappoints me is that they used to be willing to modify their holsters on request, or make one for a pistol they used to support, but don’t list any longer. So now, if it’s not on their list, they don’t do it. Wonder how much market share they lost with these changes. Vedder, for one, seems to have picked up the customer attention focus that Bladetech used to have

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Bianchi Askins Avenger vote, though I've gotten great results with the TT Gunleather model. I get one immediately after getting a pistol, if not before.

My only issue is that Askins was probably a full-blown sociopath, though he designed a great holster.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post