SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New eyes for old guns: Rx slides for P320, P226 - Pix in post of 4/27.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New eyes for old guns: Rx slides for P320, P226 - Pix in post of 4/27. Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Just got an email from Sig with “new product”: Rx slide only (minus barrel, recoil spring and guide), for P226, P229, and P320.
Since I’m in California I can’t buy a new P320, but this is a good way to upgrade to a Romeo 1 on my full-size.
I already have the X-grip full size, so when I get my GGI trigger I should be good to go with a Sig P320 X-Five Rx.

While I was at it ordered an Rx slide for my sweet GGI-tuned P226.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sjtill,

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Looks like the ones for 226 are already out of stock.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I picked up a full RX slide for my 320 when they went on sale a while back. Combined with the 25% coupon from the 320 not-a-recall upgrade it was a great price.

I finally got out shooting with the dot and it was great. I'm definitely putting a dot on more pistols.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
WTF, SIG! All of them are sold out.
Email came in at 0020 this morning.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig often sends out e-mails for items they must have had only a few of. Every time I click on the links they're gone.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I saw that, too. I was planning on calling to see if the website just wasn't correct.

PS. - Does anyone know if the 226RX slide fits an older W. German frame?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I thought about getting one for the P229, but I snoozed and loozed.

Picked up an RX x-change for the P226 awhile back though so no that big of a deal.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I almost never react this quickly, but the timing was good for me: e-mail from Sig arrived 9:14 pm, e-mail confirming order arrived 9:26 pm. Got both of them coming.
Feels like I won a karma!

I was already contemplating getting a 9 mm x-change kit just to get the Romeo 1, but this was better as I don’t need to change calibers.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I would think these emails get blasted out at the same time. Why have we received them at different times throughout the night?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Affirmative Action for California?

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post

New eyes for old guns!
Here are the Rx slides on the 320 FS and the 226.
Very easy, worked great.
Changed the grip module on the 320 to the X-Five.
How ridiculously easy to convert!!
With a new GGI trigger will be ready to race!

Only thing I don't like about the new slides is the Nitron is not black but smudgy gray. Cleaning with alcohol did not help. Any ideas on how to improve the looks of the finish?

I do miss the stainless slide and two-tone look on my 226 though.

posted Hide Post
Wipe the slide down with a light coat of oil and it will restore the black finish. When Nitron is dry, it’s gray. Nice looking pistolas!

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
A wipe with Eezox and it looks gorgeous!

Shot the P226 tonight, but was having some trouble with sighting it in. Will give a range report when break-in issues resolved, comparing my groups with the Rx slide and the original slide.

posted Hide Post
I put the RX exchange kit on my 320 and the X-frame, also. I lined-up the red dot to co-witness with the sights and it was almost perfect from the get-go. I am getting to like it more every time I shoot it. The front of the red dot window trim is getting dinged/worn from ejecting brass on the right side, but I guess that is to be expected.

Posts: 27 | Location: FL | Registered: September 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
probably a dumb question, but can I put the P229 RX slide on my P228?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a question for 12131 or other 228 lovers.