SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Advice on Sig 1911 Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice on Sig 1911 Compact Login/Join 
posted
Hey, first time poster here. I’m looking at buying a like new Sig 1911 compact, model number 1911CO-45-BSS. The woman selling it is asking $900.00 for it and claims it only had around 100 rounds ran through it. She told me Sig started making them in the early 2000’s and then stopped making that model for a few years and then started again. Again only making them for a couple years around 2010 sometime. I started off with a search on Gunbroker, there don’t seem to currently be any for sale on there for me to get a rough price estimate from, did multiple google searches trying to find one for sale. Found multiple sites that had them listed as discontinued and expired listings, most of them no longer had prices listed, I did however find one with a price of 799.89 but that listing was from 2013. In my searches I found multiple Ultra Compacts and C3’s with considerably lower price tags, anywhere from $699-$750. My main question for all of you, is the 1911 compacts a popular gun that is no longer being produced and is it that sought after that no one wants to sell them, or is it the opposite? It’s a friend of mine that is selling it and I don’t want to over pay but I don’t want to insult her either showing her the C3 and ultra prices if the compact that she has is in fact worth more. Just asking for some advice, like I said the gun looks hardly used, it was never carried and was well maintained.

Thanks in advance for any and all input your willing to offer me.

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really can't answer your question completely, but I do own that model and it is my EDC. I believe I paid $975 new a few years ago. It's been flawless w/ any factory ammo, but it chokes on occasion on some of my hastily reloaded ammo (cast lead that shaves the outside of the case and gets overlooked). It has served me well, albeit a bit on the hefty side for a compact. $900 may be a bit, uh, ambitious for a gun of that model that is even lightly used unless it's a really sought after piece...and that part of the equation is unknown to me. But if you really want it, it's not very far out of line. I wouldn't be selling mine, but that may be just me.
S.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The C3 has a MSRP lower than the 1911CO.

Back in 2011 I paid $850. At the time it was lightly customized by the Sig Custom Shop where they added the magwell and ambi safety.

$900 is about what they sold for new when a standard catalog item.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rscalzo,

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it and/or the seller is willing to accept. While it may be with a friend, it's still a business deal.

If you want it that bad, negotiate, you never know until you try. Maybe barter?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input. I’m new to Sig and relatively new to 1911’s in general. So I wasn’t really certain on prices and resale values. I’ll negotiate and see if I’m able to make a deal.

posted Hide Post
The seller needs to take her treasure to the local gun store and see about selling it on consignment. This seems to be a good deal to walk away from. For a little more you could buy a Dan Wesson and have an impeccably crafted gun.If you want spend a little less money consider a Springfield Armory "Range Officer Compact" in the $700 dollar range. If it is not not perfect Springfield Armory repair shop is top notch. Sig repair shop is marginal in my limited expedience.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig repair shop is marginal in my limited expedience.

The Sig Custom Shop has at least two that I know of that are top rated 1911 smiths.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the seller, turns out we were able to make a deal. I’ll be getting the Sig 1911 along with a Springfield EMP. The Springfield is in like new condition. Settled on $1400.00 for both, I couldn’t pass it up. I figure at $700.00 a piece I couldn’t go wrong.

Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Tigger19, I think you got a deal! I love my Sig 1911’s, not the exact model you are getting, but mine function flawlessly. One purchased new, and the other was found used at our LGS. Glad you were able to agree with the seller on a price, and getting 2!

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
That’s a great deal! I paid a little more than that for my XO new in 2011.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post