SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why doesn’t Glock sell slide assemblies???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why doesn’t Glock sell slide assemblies??? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Specifically why don’t they sell MOS slides? I would imagine there is a market of folks who would like to give a dot a try but don’t want to buy a new gun yet still want OEM stuff. Seems like an easy way to make a few bucks and cut into all the aftermarket guys with OEM stuff. Is it just a capacity thing or will they start doing so right after we get the carbine. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Probably a capacity thing where they all go straight to complete guns and ship out.

I buy my OEM slides from BigTex
https://www.bigtexordnance.com...te-g17-19-19x-34-45/

Just keep an eye out for what you want to be in stock.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’d imagine for what it actually costs them to build a frame vs what it costs them to build a slide, there’s no point in not selling a frame with a slide. Makes sense for a consumer, but for a manufacturer, different perspective. Then there’s the whole serial number convention thing, then product support. Should they warranty a gun that didn’t actually leave the factory as a gun? How do they test a bunch of slides to make sure slides pass a test fire? Imo this is tail wagging the dog stuff if we want Glock to produce just frames or just slides to compete with the aftermarket.

Asking because I don’t know: Does another one of the big manufacturers sell just slides? I think Beretta does, but a friend of mine says Beretta only started doing a Langdon models because he was eating into their sales. I don’t get the impression that Glock particularly care.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
I wanted a 29SF second slide to mount an optic. Depending on the situation I could have my Glock with iron sights or the optic. Tried every place know to get one and all I got was the advice "get a seconds weapon and mount the optic."

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I think Beretta does, but a friend of mine says Beretta only started doing a Langdon models because he was eating into their sales. I don’t get the impression that Glock particularly care.

I love my LTT 92s, but I fear that they will eventually be a thing of the past in terms of being able to buy one.

The 92X RDO is clearly meant to compete directly with the LTT Elite 92s and Ernest's RDO solution, although what Beretta did is inferior compared to the LTT offering. Couple that with the fact that the LTT Elites have been out of stock since last year, availability on them has been pushed back again to late summer 2022, and that the PX4 Carry model is no longer listed on the LTT website. Sadly I think Beretta will eventually discontinue these LTT specific models in the future.

When a gun company decides when (if ever) you get shipments of your signature product, AND they have a product that directly competes with yours, it's pretty clear which direction things are going. It was surprising, but not really, when Langdon introduced their Glock customizations...right around the same time the 92X RDOs were coming to market.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Why doesn't Glock...

Glock doesn't do anything the American gun buyer wants, because Old Man Glock is a European Fudd that rules with an iron fist. He doesn't understand the gun market in America.

That is why Glock does what it does. He is OLD and will be out of the picture soon. Once he is gone, we might see some innovation and new products come out of Glock.

A Glock carbine should have been released 10 years ago.

Heck a Glock AR15 would have cleaned up and dominated the market. Hundreds of millions of dollars in lost sales for an easily set up and mature platform that all the R&D is done on.

I guess when you are swimming in money you don't care to build more pools full of money.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post