SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P225A magazines in the old P225?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P225A magazines in the old P225? Login/Join 
posted
I'm assuming they would function ok, but wasn't sure what was going on with that plastic insert on the bottom. Wanted to see if anyone has tried a new OEM mag in one of the old school German pistols yet? Thanks

Posts: 45 | Location: Alabama | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
My understanding is the magazine will not fit in an old P225, the new P225 magazines are modified 239 magazines.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What he said. Lots of 225a1 parts are actually 239 parts including mag with different baseplate.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I thought the new mags were closer to the P239 than they the old 225?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
New P225A magazines in the old P225?

Will not work. The two guns have nothing in common, despite the deceptive name of the newer model.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, they will NOT fit.

The 225A mags are 239 bodies with a different baseplate.

The front of the mag body is square, as the older 225 mags are rounded all the down.

However, you can take a 225A mag and change out the baseplate and make a 239 mag.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Nope. I have one of each. As previously mentioned, the 225A1 uses 239 magazine bodies with a different baseplate. 225 mags will not work in the 225A1 and the 225A1 mags will not work in the 225.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who replied - I suppose this explains why the original mags are so pricey these days Smile

Posts: 45 | Location: Alabama | Registered: February 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P-225 mags are in competition with all the imported P-6 pistols that were sold with two mags at most and many times with only one.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I need to get me some more 225 mags, anybody got a source?

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very annoying. I think what they called a P225A should have been just a P239 with grips the external shape of a real P225 but insetted to fit the P239 frame.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Very annoying. I think what they called a P225A should have been just a P239 with grips the external shape of a real P225 but insetted to fit the P239 frame.

Should have named it the P225W, "W" for Wannabe.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Haha, I couldn't agree more Q! Funny the number of P225 threads I've responded to on this board, describing SigSauer's deceptive marketing on the P225A, as you put it the Classic Wannabe.

Watching a recent YT interview with Sig's head of Marketing should piss off everyone on this board. He literally chuckles at the things SIG Exeter has done in the past and his attitude reflects not giving two fucks about public consumers. It's no wonder they miss the mark so often, confuse their customers, lack long term product line support for rifles, etc, etc. I no longer own a damn thing made by the NH plant - all my Sigs come from Germany. Too bad what happened to SIG there but it wasn't from lack of product quality.

I may look at the P210 Carry but God only knows why they didn't make it a doublestack 9mm. Oh yeah, that would have required a few brain cells. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post