SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1913 brace on a Ruger PC Charger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1913 brace on a Ruger PC Charger? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Is it legal to put a folding 1913 brace on a Ruger PC Charger?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Yes

Is the Ruger Charger not a pistol? I wouldn’t see any difference between that and an AR brace, but I’m not a lawyer or the law. Curious to see what others say.

Posts: 2946 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the Federal level it's currently legal. ATF and the WH is threatening to change that, but right now it's still good to go.

-MG

Posts: 1974 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put an SB Aluminum 1913 folder on my Charger which is in an Enoch Industries Odin Chassis.

Sorta like this, except without the can, and with a Franklin Binary trigger:

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to SB Tactical showing the differences between the braces.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/

Feel free to send a comment to the ATF regarding braces.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Can some one explain the BAFTE's specific definition of a brace as compared to a shoulder stock?

I did not know there was such a thing as folding brace. and that sure looks like a folding stock on the 10/22 / Charger with either a suppressor or fake suppressor to me.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Can some one explain the BAFTE's specific definition of a brace as compared to a shoulder stock?

I did not know there was such a thing as folding brace. and that sure looks like a folding stock on the 10/22 / Charger with either a suppressor or fake suppressor to me.

It also looks like none of your business.

But the difference is design and intent. If it's designed to assist one-handed firing and isn't intended to be placed against the shoulder, then you're using a brace. Misuse outside of the intended purpose is not a redesign of the component (this was flip-flopped previously).

The ambiguity and potential (mis)use is the point of the current proposed rule changes in which the ATF is attempting to place additional restrictions around weight, length, physical characteristics of the firearm and brace, accessories, optics, and other criteria, and submitted a new worksheet as to guide owners to predict how the ATF could make a determination on their firearm under these rules.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Like this?

PC Charger Extended Left by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
" Misuse outside of the intended purpose is not a redesign of the component "

I'm confused by that statement.

If you put the brace against your shoulder you are in trouble? With the right sighting tool on the pistol you can do this.

this is my pistol in 357 Sig

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Like this?

PC Charger Extended Left by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Yes sir... thats exactly what I am going for

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post