SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CDNN Factory Red Box Certified SIGs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDNN Factory Red Box Certified SIGs Login/Join 
Picture of MagBas
posted
CDNN is currently advertising "Factory Red Box Certified Pre-Owned" SIG pistols.
There seem to be some decent deals there, but I've never bought from CDNN nor have I ever bought a factory certified pre-owned SIG pistol.
Does anyone have any experience with either CDNN or factory certified pre-owned SIGs they would care to share?

Thanks for any insight.

Posts: 408 | Location: Tennessee, U.S.A. | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Haven't bought a firearm from them, but I"ve bought several magazines, they always deliver on time and the product has been well packaged and never damaged upon delivery.

Sheedy Ern Ern is a quality vendor...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have bought lots of stuff from......umm that vendor that shall not be named......... Big Grin and have always had a good experience.

I have bought guns,mags and accessories and parts and all were as advertised, shipped quickly and I never had any issues. More often then not they would throw a little something extra in as well. (Cheap nylon mag pouch, shooting glasses, ear plugs etc. Nothing GREAT but a nice surprise now and then.)

I've never bought a Red Box SIG so I cannot speak to that specifically.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a handful of CPO's/Red Box Sig's, never a problem.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh man, those do look like some good deals. Really planned to get a 1911 in 10mm next, and I wasn't planning on any new guns right now, but...

I wonder what is the difference between the "Sig Sauer P229R E2 357SIG Rail Certified Like New" and the "Sig Sauer P229R E2 357SIG Rail Certified LN German?" The latter is $60 less.

Don't think I really want E2 grips, but I understand that's fixable.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Oh man, those do look like some good deals. Really planned to get a 1911 in 10mm next, and I wasn't planning on any new guns right now, but...

I wonder what is the difference between the "Sig Sauer P229R E2 357SIG Rail Certified Like New" and the "Sig Sauer P229R E2 357SIG Rail Certified LN German?" The latter is $60 less.

Would imagine the German one has a frame that was made in Germany and marked as such.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig goes through the entire gun and replaces all of the springs, so the red CPO sigs should be good to go for a long time. There was a time where a few were reported to have a sub-standard finish on the outside of them that didn't last. But I think that is long over with.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from CDNN before and never had an issue.

Current P229 is a red box police trade in and works flawlessly to this point.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm a satisfied CDNN customer.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Would imagine the German one has a frame that was made in Germany and marked as such.

Yep. The displayed pictures should reasonably approximate the particular unit type for a given listing. Sometimes, Sig has installed a newer US slide onto an older German frame.

As a good exanple, you'll currently notice two 220 Carry no-rail German listings (but both now out of stock). One seems to have a newer SAS short-extractor slide on an older German frame, while the other has an older Elite internal-extractor slide on an older German frame. I don't know what the original configuration would have been for either type, but I'm pretty sure that the SAS is not the original configuration.

The listings for both started in early January and the "SAS" quickly sold out (while I was driving 500 miles, dang it). The Elite took a bit longer to sell out.

A new listing today is for a certified 1911 Emperor for $799,

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The only one I'd be interested in, the P220 Carry SAS for $550.00 is of course sold out.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Sig goes through the entire gun and replaces all of the springs, so the red CPO sigs should be good to go for a long time. There was a time where a few were reported to have a sub-standard finish on the outside of them that didn't last. But I think that is long over with.

I had one of those. It was a CPO P229 and the finish started flaking off the frame. You could scratch it off with a fingernail. I had it refinished and the nitwit that did the work just sprayed right over it. He doesn’t come around here anymore.

But yes, there was an issue with that for a bit, but they’ve long since corrected it.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MagBas:
CDNN is currently advertising "Factory Red Box Certified Pre-Owned" SIG pistols.
There seem to be some decent deals there, but I've never bought from CDNN nor have I ever bought a factory certified pre-owned SIG pistol.
Does anyone have any experience with either CDNN or factory certified pre-owned SIGs they would care to share?

Thanks for any insight.

Yes, I've made quite a few purchases from CDNN.
They are a trusted seller.

Just recently I bought a P320F (full size) 9mm for
$379
These pistols look brand new.
Mine had a sweet 4lb trigger although I would expect
5-6lbs to be more average.

Currently, CDNN has the largest SIG Red Box inventory around.
Buy with confidence.
And remember, always use a credit card when buying on line and you have the right to send the firearm back if you don't like it.
Just don't start any transfer paperwork and then try to send it back !

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. I put the Hogue G10 grips on. No issues. I liked the E2 grips on my 229 but they were loose,as were the replacement E2 grips they sent me.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CDNN is also a very good source for magazines at honest prices.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have made multiple purchases from CDNN. All went smoothly. Guns and magazines.

No problems at all.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always been good to me. They seem to just buy up new old stock or liquidation inventory and have had some really nice deals over the years.

Guns and parts, everything has always been as expected.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No personal experience with CDNN, but I have about 14 months (and 600 rounds) on a "red box" Sig P229 with complete satisfaction. US police department trade-in, German frame, 1993 vintage, completely refurbished by Sig to new appearance and function, delivered in red box with manual, 2 magazines, 1-year factory warranty. MSRP at the time of purchase was $1087, I paid $402 delivered to my local FFL. Subsequently picked up 3 more factory mags, excellent condition police surplus, for $60 delivered.

Based on my personal experience I would say that the CPO pistols are a great bargain.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No red box experience, but another satisfied customer of the retailer in question. I have gotten some good deals there over the years.

I saw the ad too late, as the p229 combats were sold put when I got there. Bout the only thing I need to full a hole in the safe.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I've done business with them in the past, gun and magazines, zero complaints.

If you see some thing you want, get it, as they usually don't get more in stock if they run out.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post