SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CDNN Factory Red Box Certified SIGs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDNN Factory Red Box Certified SIGs Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Haven't bought from CDNN...yet.

Redbox Sigs are always on my list. I've bought two that were substantially discounted compared to new prices. I figure I am going to shoot the gun, not store it away so I could care less if someone else shot it before me.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Buy with confidence from the folks in Abiline.

The ONLY thing to remember about red box specials is that there may be a warranty for only a limited period of time. The last CPO I bought had a problem, and needed to be sent in within one year from the date of purchase. Once sent in, though, it was returned quickly and in perfect working order with shipping paid for by the factory.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peterpiper
posted Hide Post
I bought a CPO P220 .45acp with German frame from CDNN 2 months ago. The ad I ordered from showed checkered front strap and short external extractor, but the gun I received was a smooth front strap with the milled slide and internal extractor. I was not happy
A month ago I ordered a CPO P226 9mm from CDNN. This ad showed a West German slide on a mk25 frame. What I received was a US slide with long extractor with US made frame with sig rail. I was not happy again.

Just my honest experience fyi

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peterpiper:
I bought a CPO P220 .45acp with German frame from CDNN 2 months ago. The ad I ordered from showed checkered front strap and short external extractor, but the gun I received was a smooth front strap with the milled slide and internal extractor. I was not happy
A month ago I ordered a CPO P226 9mm from CDNN. This ad showed a West German slide on a mk25 frame. What I received was a US slide with long extractor with US made frame with sig rail. I was not happy again.

If I had those particular expectations, I would have contacted CDNN beforehand to verify.
Then, had I received the wrong version, it would have gone back.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems like any concern about the condition of the gun would be with Sig not CDNN.. they are just buying the used refurbished guns from Sig and I doubt they even look in the box... sounds to me like they are a good company to deal with ... seems like I might have bought my AR-15 from them a gazillion years ago....

can't remember... been road hard and put up wet too many times.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s disappointing. Given the numerous CPO listings that CDNN displays for CPO versions of a given model, I would have thought that the picture / listing was true for the batch of CPO units within that listing.

They just recently listed and sold out of 2 different versions of a German-framed 220 Carry. One listing / picture represented the newer short-extractor SAS slide while the other was an internal-extractor Elite slide. I assumed that the handful of units for each listing were consistent within.

FWIW, I’ve been watching for non-rail, German-framed, short-extractor 220’s. Most of the listing pictures have indicated a smooth front strap, which has caused me to pause.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why didn't you call them up and send the guns back? Or call before ordering to confirm the details?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Don't think I really want E2 grips, but I understand that's fixable.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep. I put the Hogue G10 grips on. No issues. I liked the E2 grips on my 229 but they were loose,as were the replacement E2 grips they sent me.

I noticed the same thing, although the E2 grips I put on my new/used P226 fit well.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 AR's and one new 226 RX1 from them. No problems. Great prices.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I bought a red box CPO from Ordnance Outsellers many years ago and it was a fine pistol. It was a 229 in .40. Ended up selling it years later to buy an AK. Still want a P229 again and wouldn’t hesitate to go CPO.

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peterpiper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:

If I had those particular expectations, I would have contacted CDNN beforehand to verify.
Then, had I received the wrong version, it would have gone back.

I decided to keep the P220 because they offered me a $100 refund because they were in fact selling this model I received but for $100 less. The P226, I passed off to another buyer and found a different P226 through Hyatt Guns online. I am happy at the end of the day with how it turned out

Picture of Peterpiper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

Why didn't you call them up and send the guns back? Or call before ordering to confirm the details?

Because I didn’t tell you that happened does not mean that did not happen. I handled business and became whole

posted Hide Post
quote:
I noticed the same thing, although the E2 grips I put on my new/used P226 fit well.

^^^^^^^^^
Yep. My 226 does fine with the E2 grips.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaPaP226:
Well if your going to rag on a respected business you could have also included what was done to make it right or you whole again.

As it stood CDNN shit allover you twice is the story we got. Roll Eyes

I didn’t read his post as critical of the business. To me, he was just pointing out that the delivered item didn’t match the ad.

As of yesterday, CDNN had 11 separate listings for CPO 229’s. Furthermore, I haven’t noticed any cautionary language in the ads warning that the photo is not necessarily representative of the actual listed item. Thus in that situation, I think it’s reasonable for one to expect the ad description and photo to be representative of the particular CPO batch.

At the other extreme, Buds has sometimes listed an ad for a generic CPO 229 in 9mm and the description, disclaimer and posted reviews clearly alert a potential buyer that the delivered units will vary.

As noted earlier, I’d happily buy from CDNN but I do think it’s odd for them to use so many distinct listings for CPO 229’s and 226’s, if a buyer is still reliant only on pot luck.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I bought a red box Sig P220 several years ago. Never had a problem with it. Well worth the money. I don't remember where I bought it.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the other extreme, Buds has sometimes listed an ad for a generic CPO 229 in 9mm and the description, disclaimer and posted reviews clearly alert a potential buyer that the delivered units will vary.

As noted earlier, I’d happily buy from CDNN but I do think it’s odd for them to use so many distinct listings for CPO 229’s and 226’s, if a buyer is still reliant only on pot luck.

^^^
Yeah I agree. It is sloppy marketing and could be perceived as deceptive. People are picky about guns. I think Buds has become more attentive to this sort of thing when you read the comments about people complaining when the AR pictured featured a 30 round mag and the gun was shipped with a 20 round mag. Buds made it good in both cases.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
CDNN's current lot of "Like New" CPO's are just that, guns with no wear basically in near pristine condition

I got my dad a CPO like new P229 no rail 9mm(without German frame) last month for $519+tax. It even has the short extractor it looked just as good as any new SIG I've ever handled.

the 9mm versions go fast, they have some amazing deals on like new .40/.357 that seem to stay in stock.

it's definitely worth getting on their mailing list I've bought tons of guns/accessories from them with no problem.

I know we have preferred vendors but their prices/quality ratio just can't be beat atm if you want a nice SIG.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought a lot of things from them over the years and never had an issue. They have the 2022 for only $299.00 right now and am really tempted.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a 224 9mm few months ago, I am satisfied. Description may not be exactly as described for every gun in the lot but close enough for me.
The buyer has a 1 year warranty to cover function issues.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Sig goes through the entire gun and replaces all of the springs, so the red CPO sigs should be good to go for a long time. There was a time where a few were reported to have a sub-standard finish on the outside of them that didn't last. But I think that is long over with.

I wish this were so. I recently purchased a CPO 226. Looked good at first glance but there is definite flaking in multiple areas. I took my nail to it as well and low and behold.... nice shiny metal underneath that coating. I'm going to the range today to test it out, but will probably be contacting Sig support.

Posts: 25 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post