SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Real Steel (no tactical tupperware for me)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Steel (no tactical tupperware for me) Login/Join 
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I broke from convention as soon as I was old enough to buy an AR15.
Firearms wise, I’m all about performance.

While I love a good steel and walnut firearm, I enjoy my Glocks immensely.
Glock 20sf rtf2 is a superb, accurate, reliable weapon.

That being said, I adore revolvers, 1911’s, Walthers etc.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
While I like both polymer and metal guns for a variety of different reasons, and given what you already own, if you are looking for a tack driving hefty hunk of slick shooting steel, look no further than a CZ Shadow II. Mine is the Black / Blue grip model and it is a fantastic all steel gun. Heavy, but not uncomfortably so, excellent trigger, and one of the softest shooting 9mm pistols you will ever handle. One of my all-time favorite range guns. Second runner up would be any other variant of the CZ 75 / SP-01 pistols. Even the all steel CZ 75 Compact is a joy to shoot.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
You absolutely need to look at CZ's as well as the handiwork of Cajun Gun Works on those CZ's. They absolutely transform them into something so much better.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I love steel framed pistols. The added heft seems to soak up recoil.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry guns are plastic, but my favorites to fondle are metal.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to an all steel (striker fired) Walter PPQ Q5 for tactical shoots:

When its really hot outside, and I want to go small, my Sig P238HD (all stainless steel with a electroless nickel finish) does a pretty good job:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Has Walther offered PPQ steel frame, just a standard 4" pistol without 62 cuts in a long slide, and blue this and that? Just a steel frame PPQ? You know what would be great? A steel frame PPQ M1 with a standard slide. But, it seems that Walther has to cut up the slide and put all sorts of colored bits on it. Not my cup of tea.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
You absolutely need to look at CZ's as well as the handiwork of Cajun Gun Works on those CZ's. They absolutely transform them into something so much better.

My P-01 has a Pro Package by CGW. The trigger is unbelievable.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Has Walther offered PPQ steel frame, just a standard 4" pistol without 62 cuts in a long slide, and blue this and that? Just a steel frame PPQ? You know what would be great? A steel frame PPQ M1 with a standard slide. But, it seems that Walther has to cut up the slide and put all sorts of colored bits on it. Not my cup of tea.

An all steel PPQ hasn't shown up yet, but last year at SHOT when they introduced the PPQ Q5 SF (Steel Frame), the Walther reps strongly suggested additional steel frame pistols were on the horizon.

I believe the cuts in the slide were there to insure the overall weight of the pistol met IDPA regs, even with the addition of an optical sight. Its a dream to shoot in 9mm as is.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If you like a big ol' hunka steel, try a CZ75, 75 Compact or 97. I rather fancy a 75BD or BD Police myself, someday.

Have a 75BD, because Warhorse got me to hold one. It's wonderful to shoot. Loved the trigger, right out of the box. So, can only imagine how fantastic it would be with work from CGW...

Hope someday you'll have one.

It's so slim and nice, have carried it IWB with no issues, using a High Noon holster.

The second i picked it up, it fit my bum right paw and knew it would be coming home with me Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Why not try a Browning High Power?

Yes, they are not made anymore. A Turkish company is making a very good clone.

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

The company is Tisas, and I looked them up, the Cylinder and Slide shop is using them as their base pistol for their custom "High Power' guns.

If it's good enough for C and C it's good enough for me. I ordered one today. Be sure to post your thoughts when you get it and shoot it.

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
Agreed. Recently I got the itch for a 10mm. Didn't want a 1911 frame. Like the high capacity of the Glock's but the weight savings offsets control and I don't like guns that my dog can use as a chew toy. So I went with a P220 in Nitron.

The P220 is a righteous firearm, I can't wait to see your report on it.

posted Hide Post
I told you they were good!

quote:
Originally posted by gnappi:
quote:
Why not try a Browning High Power?

Yes, they are not made anymore. A Turkish company is making a very good clone.

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

The company is Tisas, and I looked them up, the Cylinder and Slide shop is using them as their base pistol for their custom "High Power' guns.

If it's good enough for C and C it's good enough for me. I ordered one today. Be sure to post your thoughts when you get it and shoot it.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told you they were good!

Well, after seeing a number of vids online, I'm impressed, and I'm Not easily impressed or influenced by online reviews.

I most liked the 9 different load, 3 round test with 90 to 165 grain bullets. Not many reviews have the three round test... First feed from a locked back slide, second round feed, last round feed / slide lock.

Impressive. I've known a number of guns that would bobble on one of these.

So, my BR9 SS will hopefully be in before the new year and I'll post impressions here.

Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I like some walnut with my blue steel

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post