SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Real Steel (no tactical tupperware for me)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real Steel (no tactical tupperware for me) Login/Join 
posted
No tactical tupperware for me. Aluminum? Maybe but steel is real.

I'm hunting for a P-210 to add to the 226ST, S&W .40 limited, Colt Delta Gold Cup and Beretta 92 X'Perf (stock pic).

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
P210s are plenty available, right now. Swiss, German, American, you name it.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not try a Browning High Power?

Yes, they are not made anymore. A Turkish company is making a very good clone.

I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Recently I got the itch for a 10mm. Didn't want a 1911 frame. Like the high capacity of the Glock's but the weight savings offsets control and I don't like guns that my dog can use as a chew toy. So I went with a P220 in Nitron.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:

I can't really own a blued gun as my skin drips salty brine :-) Also, I've shot hi powers and never really liked them much. But... if one ever came up in hard chrome finish at the right price, I just may jump on it.

posted Hide Post
The clone I mentioned also comes in stainless steel.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The clone I mentioned also comes in stainless steel.

What's the company name? how compatible is it with the Hi Power?

posted Hide Post
They are very compatible. Start checking youtube.

Here's a link for you.

https://www.brownells.com/fire...a2IxSEtmazcifQ%3D%3D

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice stable of metal frames autos

That old Colt Delta Gold Cup has been a long time favorite of mine. Yours looks real good. You added the magazine funnel and it looks like a Pachmayr safety, and a beavertail. Great setup

I think I picked mine up in the late 1990s.

When I first got it I complained to Colt about using the Accro rear sight instead of the Elliason, afterall this was a Gold Cup. At the time Colt felt that the Elliason was not going to stand up to the 10MM Auto cartridge so I never changed it out

I wish that I could help you with the P210, but I have not kept up with them

Have you ever considered the SIG X5/X6 family of auto loaders? They are all stainless. The colored ones are mostly finished in Infalon over stainless. I fell for the Black and White

I find that the X-family fills my hands better than the P210. Sort of similar to your Smith & Wesson 40 Comp . . . It is built on the wide body frame as opposed to the single stack frame

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

I find that the X-family fills my hands better than the P210. Sort of similar to your Smith & Wesson 40 Comp . . . It is built on the wide body frame as opposed to the single stack frame

Agree with this, if the grips are standard. But, with the target grips, they fill up your hand as well as the X-guns.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I use to say the same thing about the cheap plastic Tupperware guns, then I shot one 10 times better then any hunk of iron I have ever owned right out of the box. Now all I have are them cheap plastic guns.

Posts: 5595 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't say I'd limit myself to a group of firearms based solely on what materials they were made from.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gnappi:
quote:

I can't really own a blued gun as my skin drips salty brine :-) Also, I've shot hi powers and never really liked them much. But... if one ever came up in hard chrome finish at the right price, I just may jump on it.

I'm in the same boat as I prefer Stainless. Look at a CZ75 B available in satin or polished stainless. Take it to the range, and you'll never look at a hipower again.

I much prefer all steel or SS guns for the range as I prefer the weight and recoil characteristics of them over polymer or aluminum.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Can't say I'd limit myself to a group of firearms based solely on what materials they were made from.
Not everyone possesses such a mature attitude.

Everyone knows that polymer framed pistols don't launch real bullets. They're not "real".

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If you like a big ol' hunka steel, try a CZ75, 75 Compact or 97. I rather fancy a 75BD or BD Police myself, someday.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
hk p7m10 if you want some steel, they don't call it a brick for nothing.

Posts: 5595 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely check out a CZ-75. This one is a great shooter.

Kahr makes nice all steel pistols. The K9 & T9 are great.

Some S&W 3rd gens are all steel. I like the single-stack 3906. The double-stack versions were too bulky for me.

Of course, the HK P7 series are awesome.

I generally prefer all metal but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying these.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They look like they're great shooters. Carry? Might be a bit heavy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Yup.

I prefer my metal handguns, but I've a couple "plastic" handguns that work well for me, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking from experience the new SIG P210 American is an awesome pistol. It happens that my pistols are metal framed. But only because I haven't come upon the poly pistol I want; a HK USP LEM version in 9mm. But I'm not in the market for a new firearm anyway.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post