SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    John Moses Browning’s Knife? (Okay...Perhaps Not...)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Moses Browning’s Knife? (Okay...Perhaps Not...) Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
While browsing recently at an antiques consignment shop, I came across a little knife inscribed with the initials of one of history’s great firearms designers, “JMB” for “John Moses Browning.”

Being a gun fan in general and a 1911 guy in particular, I had to snag it.

A guy can dream, right? Smile

Shown with Les Baer UTC 1911 and some Bruce Nelson Combat Leather signature-wear.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
Cool knife and pistol...

Tell me more about that hat...I have a P220 holster made by Mr. Nelson...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
Cool knife and pistol...

Tell me more about that hat...I have a P220 holster made by Mr. Nelson...

Bill

Hey, thank you!

Erik Little / Rafter-L Leather has put these hats (available in either khaki or gray) on eBay. I think that the initial offering was made available to members of the “Bruce Nelson Combat Leather Group” on Facebook. I can check, if you’d like, to see if the eBay sale is opened beyond just that limited population.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
thank you ...I'll check that out and thanks for sharing the pics

Bill

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
found the hats along with a key chain...thanks again...
Bill

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Seems like that a  Bruce Nelson Combat Leather  hat would be made out of leather.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4135 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
found the hats along with a key chain...thanks again...
Bill

You’re welcome!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
Seems like that a  Bruce Nelson Combat Leather  hat would be made out of leather.

LOL!

posted Hide Post
I have what appears to be the same pocket knife. I came as part of a $20 tool kit from Home Depot.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I have what appears to be the same pocket knife. I came as part of a $20 tool kit from Home Depot.

Naw. Don’t bring me down like that, man.

(LOL)

Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
J. M. B. Juan Morales Borachone

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 186 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For sure and for certain that is NOT John Moses Browning's knife. Because the Philips head screw was invented during the 1930's AFTER Mr. Browning had passed.

As for that knife itself, I used to carry multiknives many years ago in the early 70's. However I found that they were just too bulky and heavy and switched to small single blade folders that were a knockoff of the Buck. BTW, finally did get a real Buck for about 40 bucks in the late 80's but once I handled a Spyderco that Buck went into a drawer and I've been a Spyderco man ever since.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CLEANDEAN:
J. M. B. Juan Morales Borachone

Possibly, possibly - haha! Love it!

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
For sure and for certain that is NOT John Moses Browning's knife. Because the Philips head screw was invented during the 1930's AFTER Mr. Browning had passed.

As for that knife itself, I used to carry multiknives many years ago in the early 70's. However I found that they were just too bulky and heavy and switched to small single blade folders that were a knockoff of the Buck. BTW, finally did get a real Buck for about 40 bucks in the late 80's but once I handled a Spyderco that Buck went into a drawer and I've been a Spyderco man ever since.

I’m with you. As a kid, I was enamored of my buddy’s full-on Swiss Army Knife. He had the most deluxe version our local Service Merchandise location had to offer, one with all the bells and whistles, even a toothpick haha. I do carry a small Leatherman Micra on a keyring but do far more “work” with a lockback folder or even a relatively small fixed-blade knife.