SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How would you feel if a product says made in country x and it wasnt

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How would you feel if a product says made in country x and it wasnt Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Sig used to mark guns frame made in germany but then started marking them made in germany which they were not and absent of proofs and Cid. What is your opinion on this blatant fraud? What happwnd to ethics? Even Ron Cohen was arrested in hamburg germany sending german made gun to sig usa then to Columbia in violation of German law. He was convicted and and sig paid a one million dollar fine but made a profit of 20 million. Any thoughts.

posted Hide Post
I have read a couple of your posts and you seem to have many issues with Sig. But you have signed up to take part in a forum that is overwhelmingly pro Sig. My thoughts are that you are trolling us. Of course, I apologize if this is not the case.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I think its criminal to lie about your product. and scummy business practice.

2. I think the German's are nuts if they think they can regulate firearms that have left their borders.

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Stop posting this shit.

FFS.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is not unique in this regard, and in fact is not as subversive about such things as some other companies.

My favorite to harp on is the commercial firm Springfield armory ( not to be confused with the original military arsenal) one of the mottos they used was “oldest name in American firearms”
While no longer true for decades the vast majority of the 1911 line was made in Brazil. Lots of uninformed people looked at them like they were American as apple pie, and they clearly made efforts to conceal the fact the pistols were made in Brazil. I saw pistols with the FI Brasil ( made in Brazil) mark on the underside of the dust cover, under the grips etc.
they still have copious American flag/ patriotic advertisements, despite most everything they sell is actually imported.
The new 2020 rifle ( Turkey)
The XD series ( croatia)
When they made a M6 scout clone ( Czech Republic)
Again in past but previously 1911 ( Brazil)
The original first product they made was the M1A and in the early days used a American made cast receiver with surplus USGI parts, but I understand most of the parts now are sourced from Taiwan ( which used surplus M14’s as a service rifle for a long time, and developed manufacturing to support them)
When they did M1 garand reproductions the receivers came from Australia

Posts: 3298 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's clear that you're here just to bitch and to troll the forum, so, time to go.

You'll find a good bit of criticism of SIG-Sauer in this forum; fanboys we are not, but the way you're going about this is pointless.

Have a nice life

Posts: 107704 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So much ridiculousnesss with the original post that it's not even worth dissecting it.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Then dont buy Sigs

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
My favorite to harp on is the commercial firm Springfield armory ( not to be confused with the original military arsenal) one of the mottos they used was “oldest name in American firearms”… …they still have copious American flag/ patriotic advertisements, despite most everything they sell is actually imported.

A few years ago my local shop had a SAR-48 come through with an American flag sticker covering most of the butt stock. I always found it funny.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post