SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    After 25 years of marriage/dating Mrs. BB61 has decided she wants to learn how to shoot a pistol.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After 25 years of marriage/dating Mrs. BB61 has decided she wants to learn how to shoot a pistol. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I nearly fell over when she agreed it would be a good idea. I’m going to enroll her in our local range’s ladies training class so she feels more comfortable. As for weapons, she likes my Walther PPQ M2 slighter better than my HK VP9 and both feel better than my Glock 19 G3 or HK P7 PSP. So, I may be losing my Walther until I can get a second one for me. The advantage of the Walther is that I also have a Walther PPQ 22 which has the same ergonomics and size as the PPQ M2 so training will be much less expensive. Miracles never cease as I thought she would never show an interest.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After 40 years of marriage my wife made the decision to carry. She took the basic NRA pistol course, then the SD Enhanced carry permit course.
Her choice is a Ruger LCR .38 special. She is getting pretty good, and likes to go to the range. She is planning on taking more courses.
Congratulations to your wife!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Very smart having someone else do the instructing.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. I finally got my wife to lock the back door before she leaves! Now if she’ll set the alarm. Roll Eyes Sorry for the drift...

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7003 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she hasn't acutally shot any of them, have her take all with her to the class. It is entirely possible that she will find that she is better with another one once the instructor works with her.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
My wife died after 42 yrs. of marriage. She never wanted anything to do with guns. After asking the second time and getting a loud "NO" I never asked again.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Happy for you BB61. My wife already knows how to shoot a pistol, in fact she does it very well. The problem is I don't believe she would shoot someone to save herself. She would shoot to save someone she loves but not herself. Not something I can understand.

Does BB61 mean you served on the USS Iowa? My Dad was on the Iowa in WWII. He is 95 years old and still going strong.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Happy for you BB61. My wife already knows how to shoot a pistol, in fact she does it very well. The problem is I don't believe she would shoot someone to save herself. She would shoot to save someone she loves but not herself. Not something I can understand.

Does BB61 mean you served on the USS Iowa? My Dad was on the Iowa in WWII. He is 95 years old and still going strong.
Rod

No, I just like the ships. I have a 1\144 RC model with working main guns, pumps, etc. Google Big Gun RC Warship Combat.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Better increase the shooting portion of your budget..........

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4138 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Looking forward to seeing the Dateline feature! Eek

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I took my wife and mom to the range back in the day, my dad asked me "why are you training the enemy?"...…

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post