SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does Sig outsource their night sights?.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Sig outsource their night sights?....... Login/Join 
posted
I've always assumed that they did. Does anyone know for certain? Is, so, who makes them for Sig. I just purchased a Sig P210 carry and there seems to be no aftermarket night sight for it yet.

I have Ameriglo night sights on other guns. The orange paint on the front sight is good in low light and the black rear blade helps me focus on the tritium front sight at other times.

XS with that big front sight would probably help old guys like me, but in the past I've not shot as well with them as I have other sights.

People recommend trijicon HD, but the Sig Sights resemble the trijicon and at the moment, seem better than I remember from back in the day.

Any thoughts on after market sights or keeping the ones I have?

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The Xray line is manufactured in the Arkansas facility that houses the ammo production.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
The Xray line is manufactured in the Arkansas facility that houses the ammo production.

Thanks for that. I was curious as well. I really like the X-Ray sights...they have good contrast in both lighted and dark environments, and are easy to acquire. Sig got it right with those.

Posts: 8614 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to have "sig light," rather than X ray. Does anyone know the difference between the two sights and who makes the sig light? Does Sig? Or do they outsource them?

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I thought Meprolight does the classic Siglite sights, but that could have changed years ago.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The orginal SIGLITE was Trjicon. Then, Mepro. Some models (Equinox, TacOps) have the TruGlo TFO front.

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've not been impressed by X-ray sights' durability. I had two fronts sights burn out after 1-2 years. I have a set from 2018 that are dimmer than my 10 year-old Siglites.

If you look on Sig's product website page, I'm not the only one who has had bad luck w/ them. Lot of others w/ similar complaints.

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Good to know. Given that, I'll stick with what I've got for the time being. I do like the Ameriglo sight with the black rear and the orange paint and green tritium dot in front. Folks seem to love fiber optics, but I'm not one of them.

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I've not been impressed by X-ray sights' durability. I had two fronts sights burn out after 1-2 years. I have a set from 2018 that are dimmer than my 10 year-old Siglites.

If you look on Sig's product website page, I'm not the only one who has had bad luck w/ them. Lot of others w/ similar complaints.

I haven't any issues with the X rays that I have, 4 sets on my 320's. My oldest set is around three years old. I do however wish the green outline was a brighter green.

As the sets give up though, I will replace them with Ameriglos. I run theirs on all my Glocks.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

The front sight on my 2 year old M-17 died this week.

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has gone in house to make their Sig light night sights per Sig customer service. Mepro used to make them just like somebody mentioned. There are no after-market sights yet. So, I'll work with what I've got. The gun has exceeded my expectations.

posted Hide Post
Early XRays were made by TruGlo. About 3 years ago Sig started to insource. TruGlo no longer makes the sights for Sig- at least not in any quantity.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post