SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    While I own a Glock20,45 and 42 I don't get
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

While I own a Glock20,45 and 42 I don't get Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have a 43 and really like it. The biggest gripe I have with Glock in general and I know I am not the only one, is slide bite. The 43 solved that for me and now that they come out with other models, pisses my wallet off. How much do kidneys go for these days?

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I like the argument that the P365 is too small.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 1803 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

Are you in the right thread?

ETA: ahh, you're referring to grumpy. I was surprised when I had a friend shoot my P239 and he could only get two fingers on it. I no longer assume such things. I imagine even more have problems getting a full grip on the P365.

Posts: 7316 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
XLT, if you like your SIG, you can keep your SIG.

Or maybe start a “P365 matter” support group..? Razz

And you and Dunbar can start a 365 bashing group, Wait you already have. Razz Back at ya !

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
And you and Dunbar can start a 365 bashing group, Wait you already have. Razz Back at ya !

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This thread has hurt my feelings.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What's not to understand?
The 43x is for folks like me who carry AIWB and want a shorter bbl for comfort and the 48 is for the folks that want the longer pistol.
Do you really not understand this or were you feigning ignorance to make the point that neither product is of use to you?

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Hey Ryan, I was honestly asking a question on what purpose do they serve if you want concealment, longer grips usually mean they print more. So you can take your ignorance comment and take it somewhere. Where did you see me mention anything negative to those who have bought the two. I have yet to see these in local stores. I was just asking for an honest opinion and reason for them... So Ryan bite me..

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
feigning ignorance to make the point

I guess you missed the context in which the word ignorance is used but please continue to use it in the context you are most comfortable.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 43x is for folks like me who carry AIWB

^^^^^^^

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been carrying AIWB since '11 and never had any issues with G19 slide length guns. In fact, I don't need any holsters for my G48 since my G43 holsters are all made extra long, for better stability. So I myself at a bit of a loss to G43x utility even in AIWB position, maybe with exception of very skinny short stature folks.

I personally prefer short slide/long frame pistols for other reasons.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I don't hate the G48. I just don't like it.

I just got back from shooting one. Belongs to the former coworker and that I may have posted about previously (can't remember if it was here, GT or someplace else). To me the grip proportions are all wrong. It reminds me of the Shield in that way. Recoil wasn't bad but I did want some grip tape slathered on the thing. Slippery in this age of stippling and high textured grip surfaces. And then there's that slide finish. It looks AWFUL, like someone took a rattle can to it but ran out about halfway through. I didn't notice that the first day I'd seen the same gun but outdoors in good light (it's sunshine today in the PNW!)...bleah. And people thought the reboot Colt Cobra looks bad.

For whatever reason my G43 has always felt great in hand. This G48 (and by default, the G43X as well) simply doesn't. At least to me. While this state is heading down the mag limit road, I get the notion that there's no need to carry anything physically larger than it needs to be. But I'd still rather have a G19 or G23. The dimensions of those guns just feel RIGHT to me. The grip just locks in perfectly for me. And I've never had any real problems carrying a Glock of that size.

Maybe I'll buy one of the stripped frames that are supposedly coming, just so I can convert my G43 at a moment's notice. Then again, maybe not. Frankly I'm not ashamed to say that the 365 still makes more sense to me serving as a pocket rocket than the G43X/48 does serving as a compact G19 replacement. But to each his own.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I’ll probably get a 48. I have smaller hands. It’s hard to shoot full-size glocks with heavy winter gloves on.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

... I was surprised when I had a friend shoot my P239 and he could only get two fingers on it. I no longer assume such things. I imagine even more have problems getting a full grip on the P365.

Count me in the group that only get two fingers on a P239 and one & maybe a half on a P938. I still love both pistols and am able to shoot them well at speed despite the limited grip space. In fact I do not like the extended mags in any of my pistols. That said, I can see why some shooters would like a longer grip. Different strokes.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy who looks like he could holster a collapsed stock M4. A P365 would likely be difficult for him to manipulate as it would just dissappear in his hands. He could probably do a sleight of hand magic trick to the mugger. “Hey buddy what’s that behind your ear? It’s a handgun. BANG!!!” But other than that it would probably be fairly useless for him.

I do get the monster hands folks, I just tend to forget sometimes because I have small girly hands. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post