SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P365 W/Manual Safety Design Change
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P365 W/Manual Safety Design Change Login/Join 
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted
I’ve had several previous P365 w/manual safety and with all of them I couldn’t activate the safety unless the striker was cocked. This is by design and normal. However, a week ago I bought 2 P365 with manufacturer dates of 7/15/21 serial #66B690XXX & 7/1/21 serial #66B668XXX

I’ve fired 110 rounds through one and the other is unfired. On both samples at first the manual safety wouldn’t engage unless the striker was cocked. Then on both I was able to engage the safety without the striker being cocked but when I did so the slide was locked also and couldn’t be moved. Otherwise the guns operate normally and the sample I’ve shot 110 rounds through had been 100% through 60 rounds of Sellier & Bellot 124 grain FMJ, 20 rounds of Federal HST 147 and 20 rounds of Federal Personal Defense Punch 124 grain.

Has anyone heard of this malfunction? Also,is this mark on the back of my magazine normal or is this the trigger spring mark?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dcowboyscr,

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have somewhat similar marks on my P365 magazines. It appears they are caused by the safety lever.

What is the malfunction you’re asking about?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I have somewhat similar marks on my P365 magazines. It appears they are caused by the safety lever.

What is the malfunction you’re asking about?
As I stated in the OP I’m now able to activate the manual safety with an UNCOCKED striker and when I do it locks the slide. This is happening on BOTH brand new as in produced a month ago P365 I just bought. I shouldn’t be able to activate the safety unless the striker is cocked. This is how the P365 was designed and how my previous models operated.

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I see. You also mentioned the slide, so I thought perhaps that had something to do with your question.
And yes, that's true of mine: uncocked, no safety movement. A deliberate design change—?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Yes every P365 with a manual safety I’ve handled or previously owned the manual safety could only be activated if the striker is cocked. If the striker is uncocked the manual safety shouldn’t be able to be activated. I was mentioning the slide being locked in place because that’s what is happening when I activate the manual safety with an UNCOCKED striker. Could be a design change but I doubt it since both P365 started off acting normally where I couldn’t activate the safety with an UNCOCKED striker but now I can.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I have a P365XL made in Oct 2020. The safety will not engage unless the striker has been cocked.

Earlier this month, I got a P365 made in July 2021. When the striker is uncocked, I can engage the safety, and it will also lock the slide.

I think it's a design change, not a malfunction.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
I just tried mine. It has a 8-13-21 birthday.
It locks the slide with the safety on and not cocked. With it cocked and ready with safety on the slide opens and closes.

phil

Posts: 2384 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I have a P365XL made in Oct 2020. The safety will not engage unless the striker has been cocked.

My P365XL (w/manual safety) was manufactured in April 2020, with same behavior. No marks on my mags.

Posts: 39 | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

Earlier this month, I got a P365 made in July 2021. When the striker is uncocked, I can engage the safety, and it will also lock the slide.

I think it's a design change, not a malfunction.
Yep I read a thread on the blue forum that said it’s a rolling design change by SIG.

posted Hide Post
Is it a change to the safety itself, the striker tang, or the receiver?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post