Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

357Sig Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I ordered dies and brass before I considered the barrel. Now I have the dies and 500 rounds of new Starline cases so I'm ready for the barrel. I couldn't find carbide dies, that's a bummer, guess I'll make do with steel. Actually I could probably use a 40S&W carbide sizing die and then use the steel die for the neck. I have a good selection of bullets I can use and a lot of powder. Anyway the cost of ammo won't be any greater than most of what I shoot. There is a shop close to me that has the sig barrels at 169 or there is an e-bay seller that has them for 155, says they are new in the box. I could take my P229 to the shop and make sure everything fits but that's probably un-necessary. I'll report back after I get some ammo loaded, barrel on and range time in, thanks for the advise!!!!!

Posts: 23 | Location: st louis | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It has been a long time since I looked, but as I recall carbide dies for bottleneck cartridges are very uncommon, expensive, and usually have to be used with at bit of case lube anyway. Although I bought 357 SIG dies when I first got a pistol chambered for the cartridge, it was also about the time I lost most of my interest in reloading and never actually did it for that round. I do remember that even though I have carbide dies for all the other handgun cartridges I handloaded for, I had just resigned myself to having to lube the 357 SIG cases.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After the factory barrel get some real 357 sig ammo...something going 1400fps is lovely, none of that down-rated stuff.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have a 239, a 229, and a 226 in .357 Sig. All are tack drivers. I absolutely can hardly believe how well that little 239 shoots. All are Sig factory drop in barrels.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Another SIG factory barrel vote

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post