SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone use a +2 extension on a 15 round MecGar Beretta compact mag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a +2 extension on a 15 round MecGar Beretta compact mag? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I just picked up a new Beretta 92x compact and bought some MecGar 15 round mags to go with it. The 15 round mag doesn’t give me a lot to grab out of my mag holder so I was thinking about putting a +2 adaptor on it to give me more to grab, and a couple extra rounds. I’m thinking it must work but before I go to the trouble of trying it I figured I’d ask and see if anyone had any experience. Thanks!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
For my CX4, I have used the +2 extension on the 15 and 18rd MecGar mags successfully.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Can't help with the mag extension, but apart from the grip length, how do you like the 92x compact? I've always wanted a 92 Compact, and I'm intrigued by the Vertec style grip on the X model.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Can't help with the mag extension, but apart from the grip length, how do you like the 92x compact? I've always wanted a 92 Compact, and I'm intrigued by the Vertec style grip on the X model.

I really like it so far. I always wanted a compact but the regular one never felt right in my hand despite loving the full-size 92. This one feels great, especially with the slightly larger grip panels that wrap around the back which add just enough swell to almost perfectly for my hand. I have a Wilson Combat short reach trigger on order and I think it will be almost like the gun was made for my hand after that.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Why not just carry a Mec-Gar 18 or 20 rounder as your spare mag?

When I carry my 92 Compact, I have a 15 rounder with flush-fit basepad in it and carry a full-size spare.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/b...pb9218afc-p-574.html

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/b...b9220dps-p-2123.html

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Why not just carry a Mec-Gar 18 or 20 rounder as your spare mag?

When I carry my 92 Compact, I have a 15 rounder with flush-fit basepad in it and carry a full-size spare.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/b...pb9218afc-p-574.html

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/b...b9220dps-p-2123.html

I thought about that but was thinking I’d get better grip on the extension. I’ve got several of the 20 round Mec-Gars you posted and they have been perfect.

Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have a compact SB and there was a tip that I can’t find anymore about ordering the baseplate from another manufacturer that works with the beretta mag, gives just enough added grip for me without making it bulky, I’ll keep looking

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

I really like it so far. I always wanted a compact but the regular one never felt right in my hand despite loving the full-size 92. This one feels great, especially with the slightly larger grip panels that wrap around the back which add just enough swell to almost perfectly for my hand. I have a Wilson Combat short reach trigger on order and I think it will be almost like the gun was made for my hand after that.

Awesome, glad to hear you like it. I may have to pick one of those up at some point. I'd really like a compact Type M, but I've kind of given up on ever finding one of those at a price that I can stomach. The modular grip on the 92x looks like the next best thing.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I bought some of these, they are good looking and have a good price

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/...ries-aluminum-black/

Posts: 5333 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LTT 92 Compact RDO is one of my main EDC pistols. Absolutely love it. I can't speak to the specific question but what I can say is the Beretta factory 17 round magazines work perfectly with the X-Grip spacers. The 18 round MecGar magazines don't really work as the shape of the baseplates on those is different and doesn't fit very well in the spacer.

Posts: 353 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post