SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Full Size SIG?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Full Size SIG? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Id go with the Wilson Combat, but only the model with the “tuned” trigger. Without the tuned trigger both are pretty equal.

Fire fears me, Women love me!

Posts: 83 | Location: York, PA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
P226 for me as well. I also have P220 10mm, but I damn sure wouldn't want to shoot that inside my house.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
....... but I damn sure wouldn't want to shoot that inside my house.

I don't own or think there is a gun out there that I want to shoot inside my house.....

sorry, I had to say it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another big fan of the 9mm 226. But if you're going the 320 route, I can thoroughly endorse the 320X full size. It has everything you need as long as you don't want the stupid thumb safety.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt the OP really cares. It has been 2 weeks since he made his one and only post.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry P226/9 concealed every day. Before Glock showed up, guns were all metal and we did just fine. And revolvers were DA all day long, with no safety, which is why the the DA/SA is so popular with people who like the metal guns.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
If you are thinking of the Sig 320 look at the Shadow Systems MR920 instead. Soft shooting accurate and tons of hop up parts although you really won't need any.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
P226

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226. 9mm.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I declare the P226 the winner here... not that the OP will probably ever find that out...

one post wonder.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to the 220 Smile

Jeeps...guns...German Shepherds!

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
You've got a lot of great recommendations.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all of the feedback.
Owned a 226 back in the day and it was a shooter for sure but I prefer striker fired pistols for self-defense.
Had a chance to shoot a VTAC and loved it. Have one on order coming this week.

Posts: 25 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Was thinking that it would narrow down to your preference between Wilson and Viking Tactical.

I'd give the nod to Viking Tactical for their experience with Sailent.

Let us know your thoughts when your P320 arrives.

Posts: 9171 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Sig P220 or Sig P226. Sorry, didn't like the 2 ballot choices

I agree 100%

2nd this

Posts: 1605 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post