SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which Full Size SIG?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Full Size SIG? Login/Join 
posted
Looking to buy a full size handgun for a range gun/ home defense.

Question:
Which one of these two would you recommend? Not sure if the Wilson Combat is worth the extra money. If you own both or have shot both please tell me why you prefer one over the other.
Thanks!

Choices:
X VTAC
WCP320

Posts: 25 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P220 or Sig P226. Sorry, didn't like the 2 ballot choices

Posts: 540 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
One very good one would be the
SIG P226 in SIG357 in all steel. May have to find a used one.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given your two choices, i voted WC.

Had there been a third choice for a plain jane 320, that is what I would have chosen.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:

I agree 100%

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
You can always get a base P320 and pick up a Wilson Combat grip module for $65.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2390 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
When I decided to acquire a pistol specifically for home defense I carefully considered what the critical aspects of said pistol were. I decided I wanted:

• Brain-dead easy to operate, being as I might be called-upon to do so from a sound sleep.
  • For the same reason: Something with a trigger that was not too light.
  • Enough round to get the job done, but with less likelihood of barrier penetration.
  • A rail for a WML.

I felt a SIG P320F in .45 ACP satisfied all those criteria. Upon that I mounted an InForce APL.

The only thing I would change at this point is I might eventually replace the InForce APL with a smaller light. The current light, the front being so close to the muzzle, gets real dirty, real fast.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the AXG Pro looks enticing

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This, 100%.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 233 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

I agree 100%

Yes indeed! Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
You can always get a base P320 and pick up a Wilson Combat grip module for $65.

That's what I did (x3).

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47420 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always said I would never own a 320 due to it's short trigger pull but after trying out a P320/M18, I have changed my mind and have a couple. I find it to be a robust gun and really like the option of the safety and ability to add a red dot sight. As far as the Wilson pistol goes, I personally, don't see the need for the extra pieces as the pistol,right out of the box, is quite impressive. The only thing I changed on one was putting a flat trigger on it and an X Series grip. Now I am wanting to do the same to the other. The flat trigger really changes the trigger pull feel and weight without actually changing any internals.

Posts: 6912 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full size Sig, I think P226 or P220. I have a few P320F's and like them; I guess it depends what you're after.

So far as P320F as opposed to a Wilson offering or a VTAC, I'd get the standard P320F. Much as I like Wilson pistols and products (I do), the Wilson P320 differs mostly in cosmetics and the grip module. You can buy a grip module for sixty bucks. I don't much care about bling.

The VTAC, same thing. You're not really getting more.

I'd get a basic P320 and put on it what you want (Grayguns trigger and fat guide rod, etc). Or pick up a P320 Legion that has plenty already, including the TXG grip module.

The P320 won't ever feel as substantial as a P226, but it's a great pistol with a very well established history, and a P220 is...a P220. Not much needs said about that.

The Wilson pistol left me shaking my head; it's a shameless attempt to sell the pistol and twice the price, based on brand name and nothing else. A pair of Guess jeans with a spare magazine. If you want a Wilson get an EDCX9.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those would not be my choices.

Posts: 1256 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Legion is much better than the Wilson. As far as I know, the WC is a standard 320 with fancy cuts on the frame and slide. As pointed out earlier, the grip frame is available after market.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got an M17 and honestly I’m somewhat underwhelmed with it. I had a chance to shoot an m18 and it was much more to my liking. The longer slide just didn’t feel balanced to me if that makes sense. Given the choice I’d take a 226 or 220 of any flavor over my 320. My opinion only

Posts: 461 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
P226

"The pistol that set the standard by which all combat handguns are measured."

And I'd go legion if you don't mind the marketing and can stand the extra cost... but I swear a used P226 is not a bad choice... she'll be broken in for you.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
if you aren't going to carry it a 226 for sure!!!!

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post