SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
...Also, what part of Illinois are you? There is a match in Sparta, IL in March...

I'm over 300 miles north, between Mendota and DeKalb. None of the matches you mention are within a reasonable travel distance, unfortunately.

Congrats on all the loot you and your wife collected! I've heard Glock is pretty generous at those matches.

Milwaukee? End of September I think. Yes, Glock definitely makes it worth coming out for the matches.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:

Milwaukee? End of September I think...

That's quite a bit closer, so more do-able. Thanks!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ran 300 rounds through my new to me G34. Man what a tack driver! I've had a 17 before but never really took to it. The grip was just a little too big for me to shoot fast. Enter talon grip with the sandpaper texture. It locks it right in. It's a gen 4 with the top half of the medium back strap installed like a grip force. Improves the grip angle just a tad which is enough. I also do this on my gen 4 g19.

I have a TLR-1 HL on which makes follow ups even faster.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
i have a 34,with the exact setup,plus tru glo sights.A great trigger.i have it for sale,but am really thinking about keeping it.i will have gen 4 34 and gen 17l.both great out of box target guns

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
i have a 34,with the exact setup,plus tru glo sights.A great trigger.i have it for sale,but am really thinking about keeping it.i will have gen 4 34 and gen 17l.both great out of box target guns

I just installed some TFX pros on it, so they are real close. Now that I've found out how well the talons work, I may be in the market for a Gen4 G17 MOS.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my glock 19 gen5 today and I'm really happy with the looks and feel, I can't wait to get out to the range. I also picked up a SSII for edc once I get some range time.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Congrates, you'll love your Gen 5, it's a great gun, the both of them, which I have..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So any issues pop up with the Gen 5 G19s yet. How is the finish compared to the Gen 4? Any BTF issues?

Thanks all.
Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I am seriously considering a Gen5 G19 this week...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Do it. I really like mine.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have both Gen 5's, G-19 and G-17, both are awesome, and the finish is rock hard, go for it, I have zero regrets...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 Gen 4 recently.
G17 & G19.
They're the only handguns I currently own.

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Do it. I really like mine.

Ditto! Big Grin

I bought a Gen 5 G19 this Black Friday. Just put my 500th round down range this last Monday. Cleaned it before I ever shot it, never cleaned it again for those 500 shots, zero malfunctions. It will now get cleaned and put into rotation. Cool

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
So any issues pop up with the Gen 5 G19s yet. How is the finish compared to the Gen 4? Any BTF issues?

You know, I don't have one... yet.... But now that you mention it, there's a distinct lack of complaints to be found about the Gen 5 so far, letting alone the front strap half moon reappearance.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

You know, I don't have one... yet.... But now that you mention it, there's a distinct lack of complaints to be found about the Gen 5 so far, letting alone the front strap half moon reappearance.

No BTF... for me and can't recall any reported
Finish on slide is excellent, but there are a few that complained about it being slicker than the "frying pan" finish but Gen4's didn't have that either. Not and issue for me personally.
The barrel does present smileys as Sigs have done for decades. As with Sigs, I think it's a non issue but only time will tell.
A lot of people dislike the mag cut out, me included. But it's not that bad, and not a deal breaker for me plus I've added Pearce PG-FML base plates which fill in that void.

There are those that say it's not that much better than the Gen 4 and not worth the upgrade. Those are probably the people that like the finger groves.

I think it's a solid pistol. I shoot it better than my Gen 4 and much better than the Gen 3 I had previously. It feels much better in my hand. I can't say the "Marksman Barrel" adds to my better shooting, but it sure doesn't hurt it either. I'm talking about G19. I'd buy it again and I'm thinking about a G17.5 or maybe wait and see what this G19X turns out to be.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 2.5 G26 I don't plan on getting rid of.
Quite a keeper.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I have a Gen 2.5 G26 I don't plan on getting rid of.
Quite a keeper.

Oh man how I would love to find a G26 like this. Maybe in the new year.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New 17M

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Frieda" is my newest one, picked up her today. Gen4 G23. The LGS didn't have an M&P 2.0 Compact to compare it against (they had a couple of 1.0s, used full size LE returns), which I would like to have done. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post