SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of slowrey
posted Hide Post
When I find a G19 in Austin, TX I'll buy it but right now it's like hens teeth!

Sincerely,

Sean
sean.lowrey@mmsean.com
-----
***Looking for a Sig P229ST all stainless no beavertail***
Sig P226ST .357 Sig & .40 | 2 - HK P7M8 | HK MP5 22LR | Glock 19 | Colt LE6920MP-B | FN FS2000 | MKE AT94A2

Posts: 680 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slowrey:
When I find a G19 in Austin, TX I'll buy it but right now it's like hens teeth!

Gt Distributors had a bunch of police trade-in Gen 3 G19 pistols for $429. They had like five in the case on Saturday. This was their Austin location.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,

Posts: 2012 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Welcome to the machine
Picture of Mainspring
posted Hide Post
Just back from the shakedown range session with my new G19.

120 rounds through it (Remington UMC 115 gr), with no problems whatsoever. Ejection was consistent and not at my head.

It took me a little while to get used to the sights. When I benched it for accuracy, it shot consistently low and left. Vertical spread was great, but I was getting pretty bad horizontal stringing.

The funny thing was that when I shot offhand, I was roughly centered and had less horizontal stringing... especially when I was shooting at faster cadences. I can almost shoot it better if I'm slightly less deliberate.

When I came home and measured groups, I find that I'm shooting it almost on par with my P228 -- a gun with which I have much more experience (I last shot a Glock in 1989).

We'll see how things go over the next couple months, but this may very well end up as my primary carry piece.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I have joined the forces of darkness. I am now the owner of a Glock 30.

Oh, I also bought a nice Browning Hi Power for $750.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I made a potential error this last week......went to the range & let my wife shoot the new Gen4 G-19. I'm afraid I may have lost it.....she's talked at least 10 times since then about how much she likes it.....looks like I'm getting another soon! Big Grin

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....one night stand? "...uh...sorry can't remember your name?"
"what r u still doing here?" (omg she's fugly)(I must'a been really drunk)
"Yeah...well that was fun...I have to go to work, you gotta go" (NEVER AGAIN)

Posts: 850 | Registered: May 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mainspring:

120 rounds through it (Remington UMC 115 gr), with no problems whatsoever. Ejection was consistent and not at my head.

It took me a little while to get used to the sights. When I benched it for accuracy, it shot consistently low and left. Vertical spread was great, but I was getting pretty bad horizontal stringing.

The funny thing was that when I shot offhand, I was roughly centered and had less horizontal stringing... especially when I was shooting at faster cadences. I can almost shoot it better if I'm slightly less deliberate.

When I came home and measured groups, I find that I'm shooting it almost on par with my P228 -- a gun with which I have much more experience (I last shot a Glock in 1989).

We'll see how things go over the next couple months, but this may very well end up as my primary carry piece.

This may or may not apply.
From spending time on the XD forum;
A lot of new XD owners tend to shoot low and left when first shooting their polymer striker pistols.
I was one of them a few years ago.
It just took a little time getting accustomed to the trigger.
But I've since sold 4 XD pistols and now own 3 Glocks.
Glock, mostly for the trigger, has won my preference for my polymer handguns.
Hopefully another range trip will zero you in with the Glock..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In reaction to 0bama, I went and bought a Glock 30 today. I made sure I got the larger capacity 45 rather than the single stack just to make sure I was not complying with that idiots wishes.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0658:
In reaction to 0bama, I went and bought a Glock 30 today. I made sure I got the larger capacity 45 rather than the single stack just to make sure I was not complying with that idiots wishes.

++100 ^

Posts: 850 | Registered: May 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worlds oldest thread. I'm 70. Why do I feel that the day before I croak, I'll have made a post to page 5,012 on this thread? Scary...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
The worlds oldest thread.
Nay, not the oldest.

'tis prophetic and strange and a teensy bit gnarly, but not the oldest.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Welcome to the machine
Picture of Mainspring
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of new XD owners tend to shoot low and left when first shooting their polymer striker pistols.

Spent some more time at the range today, shooting the G19 almost exclusively.

Looking back at the results, I'm shooting OK groups out to 10 yards, although I do seem to be left of the point of aim. Next range session I'm going to bench it at 7, 15 and 25 yards.

At 25 yards today, I was hitting quite high.

It's just going to take getting used to. I do like the way it handles.

Although, I did finish the range session with 5 shots from my P228, using my normal defensive ammo (124 gr +P JHP). At 7 yards, all shots (including the first DA shot, were centered and grouped at 1.5".

Making friends,
influencing people
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Mainspring:

More finger on the trigger should solve this. Everyone of our people who had this problem when we switched to Glocks last year solved it by putting more finger on the trigger.

With the p226 I had the pad of the finger on the trigger and shot good, with the glock I need to put the finger the first joint and I shoot straight.

------------------------------------------
Have you seen a wolf in Michigan? Please report your sightings at Michigan Wolf Sightings

Posts: 2346 | Location: MI | Registered: November 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin:
More finger on the trigger should solve this. Everyone of our people who had this problem when we switched to Glocks last year solved it by putting more finger on the trigger.

With the p226 I had the pad of the finger on the trigger and shot good, with the glock I need to put the finger the first joint and I shoot straight.

^ I like this suggestion..

Mainspring if you can't get it zeroed in, send me an email (it is 1_lowlife@att.net don't forget the underscore) with your email address.
I was going to send you one but you don't have one in your profile.
I have one more suggestion that I can't post on an open forum...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
The worlds oldest thread.
Nay, not the oldest.

'tis prophetic and strange and a teensy bit gnarly, but not the oldest.

I'm crushed... Wink

In that case, I will have to delay my plans. Patience is a virtue.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin:

Thanks for the tip. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Welcome to the machine
Picture of Mainspring
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely try it out next time I'm at the range. In the meantime, I'm just working on dry fire. I'm also going to work on the "empty case on the front sight" drill. That helps a lot, but is kind of a pain because I need another person to help.

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Really thinking about that g30s !

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
There must be some subliminal messages hidden in this thread.
Casually clicked on it and read a few posts this morning, chuckling to myself at all the kool-aid drinkers.
Then what do you know, stopped at a LGS this afternoon and a police trade-in 22 followed me home.
WTF - I sold my last .40 right before Christmas, and all the rest of my .40 ammo with it in the deal.
I thought, nay knew, I was finally done with .40 guns for good.

I swear, I think Para has got done kind of Jedi mind control thing going on in this thread.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NCDSNH
posted Hide Post
I was in my favorite gun store 2 weeks ago looking for a P229. The gun cabinets were picked clean,nothing left in the store. Suddenly a delivery of 50 new Gen 4 Glocks were delivered. I went home with a Glock 23. So far I have the G23 segregated from my Sigs. Hopefully they can someday all get along. Oh well.

Posts: 8 | Registered: August 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post