SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p229 Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p229 Elite Login/Join 
posted
Hello, All. I am a new member to this forum and I have a question for you. I just received a p229 Elite .40 s&w. The pistol is beautiful; this is my third Sig. Now, the Elite description says is comes with an SRT, but..it does not appear to reset as quickly as my current p229 in which I installed an SRT. Do all Elites come with an SRT? If not then, then I will merely purchase one and install. Thank you and take care.

Posts: 5 | Registered: August 04, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In searching some popular sites with pictures I found the following to be interesting...

220R3-45-DSE May 2010 has a "Short Reach Trigger" and no "SRT" marked on label.
220R-45-DSE Sep 2014 has a "Short Reach Trigger" and has "SRT" marked on label.

It could be that "SRT" marked on box end label (or Sig description) indicates Short Reset Trigger?

I find it rather annoying that "SRT" is used so loose that no one can really say what it refers to.

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Elite comes with SRT (Short Reset Trigger).

quote:
Originally posted by sarend:
...I just received a p229 Elite .40 s&w. The pistol is beautiful; this is my third Sig. Now, the Elite description says is comes with an SRT, but..it does not appear to reset as quickly as my current p229 in which I installed an SRT.

Since you have installed the SRT before, then, you know how to visually verify whether your Elite has the SRT or not. This photo grab from the internet compares the SRT vs the regular trigger system.

SRT as viewed from the side.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, when I installed the SRT on my current p229, I just took the parts and installed them. I bagged the old parts and put them in a drawer. Your pictures helped; this pistol does not have the Short Reset Trigger. I will buy the kit and install. I can do that. Thanks.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If you bought the Elite brand new, then call SIG. They should install the SRT for you free, because that's one of the features of the Elite, compared to the base P229. Or, just tell them to send you the kit, and you do it yourself. Better that way.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a good idea. I will do that. Take care.