SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A Sight For Sore Eyes!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sight For Sore Eyes! Login/Join 
posted
I received my new P320RX a few weeks ago and really had the time the last few days to zero it in. I had a tight group but it was to the left. I did as the manual stated, to move the point of impact to the right turn the windage screw counter-clockwise. I turned it all the way and still the group was to the left. So today I turned the screw back to center, same group, to the left. Luckily there were 2 Instructors at the range. I explained my issue and they both brought out their rests and monoculars. Same problem. They took the sight off and reinstalled it and started from scratch. Here is what they found out. Instead of turning counter-clockwise they turned it clockwise and the group moved to the right, opposite of what the manual stated. The elevation was corrected as per the manual. Has anyone ever heard of this or am I going crazy?

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a profession today Technical Writing has pretty much disappeared. So the manuals today are NOT written by an Engineer who tests every single note put into a Manual. What you get is some low pay types punching a keyboard and describing something they have never even held. In many cases it's someone in India working for a "Contract House". Folks you get what you pay for and when you aren't willing to pay a first class price you should expect that what you receive will have been produced by cutting a lot of corners.

Yeah, Sig cuts some corners. It's called Cost Control and it's widespread worldwide.

BTW, if you want to see an example of a good, well written Technical Manual just purchase any Nikon DSLR camera, the one for my D750 runs to 506 pages.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have experienced a similar situation with some Ruger revolvers. I thought I lost my shit! ( excuse the verbiage) I actually called over the RO to look and we both were, “ I’ll be damned”

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A day or so ago I posted a comment on the other Sig forum describing my experience having difficulty in putting the slide back on my new, just cleaned P320 X-Compact. This is very
far from my first handgun and not even my only Sig so I of course knew how to do this, but
.... Finally in desperation I looked st the manual, only to find that it was in Spanish!

Posts: 12 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post