SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G48 with Ameriglo night sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G48 with Ameriglo night sights? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
Anyone out there own one of these? How are they compared to Trijicon HD’s or even just standard Glock night sights?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in hearing this too. Trying to make the same decision between the HD XR's or Ameriglos.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Trijicon XR's on mine. I looked at a G48 a few days ago with the Ameriglos on it, but didn't like them.

I had a set of amerglos on a G43 at one point; the CAP sight, I think. It looked amateur. It looked like a sight with the tritium vial sticking out slightly and orange paint slathered around it. It looked cheap to me.

The XR's are better sights, in my opinion, and I like the way they're shaped, and the way the front sight settles into the deeper u-notch on the rear sight. I also like the way the rear sights don't stand out much in daylight; the rear dots are more subdued, focusing attention on the front sight. The front sight width is also appreciated, and isn't as wide as a city block.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I've been putting these on, the orange really stands out and seem well built. https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGl...-Glock/dp/B005BSOHMI

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
I have the Ameriglos on my G48. Pretty much all my Glocks and Sigs have been fitted with Trijicon HD’s past few years. I find the Ameriglo sights in the G48 to be equally good. The orange stands out well both at indoor and outdoor ranges.

I recommend the Ameriglo upgrade on the G48 without reservation.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I looked at one yesterday. I really liked the sights, more so than the Trijicon HDs I got on a used pistol I purchased one time. The front blade looks a little thinner and more precise than the HDs.

Does anyone know what AmeriGlo calls those sights? They seem to have a lot of sights with similar setups but different names. They’re promoting Agent sight now and pushing people towards Brownells but I don’t know if those are the same.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m really liking them but it did take a bit of adjustment to get used to. I’ve got the Trijicon HDs on my G19 and liked them but after a little bit of dry firing and range time I like the Ameriglo better. The orange dot is nice during the day.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15260 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I went with Ameriglo Pro i-dots. I have 2 sets of Trijicon HD/XRs, but I can't seem to get over the sharp corners of the rear sight digging in my gut.

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G43X with night sights, i wanted to get the ameriglo one but they were hard to come by in LEO pricing. I know ameriglo sells just their front sights does anyone know if i can change to the orange front sight only and keep the glock night rear?

Posts: 267 | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USCO160:
I have a G43X with night sights, i wanted to get the ameriglo one but they were hard to come by in LEO pricing. I know ameriglo sells just their front sights does anyone know if i can change to the orange front sight only and keep the glock night rear?

Probably. You'd have to make sure you got the right height front sight. Brownells carries different height Ameriglo fronts for the Glock.

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
I looked at one yesterday. I really liked the sights, more so than the Trijicon HDs I got on a used pistol I purchased one time. The front blade looks a little thinner and more precise than the HDs.

Does anyone know what AmeriGlo calls those sights? They seem to have a lot of sights with similar setups but different names. They’re promoting Agent sight now and pushing people towards Brownells but I don’t know if those are the same.

The Agent sights are almost identical to the set Glock puts on, but have the u-notch rear instead of square.

Posts: 597 | Registered: October 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
I have them on my G48. Without them I probably would have passed on this firearm. They were the tipping factor.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sparky315:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:

The Agent sights are almost identical to the set Glock puts on, but have the u-notch rear instead of square.

That sounds even better. May have to get some of those. Thank you.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post