SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 3rd Gen vs M&P Shields
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
S&W 3rd Gen vs M&P Shields Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I have sold both my Shields and carry pistols similar to the 3rd gen. I keep thinking I should buy a 5906 to replace the one I carried as a young man.

https://athlonoutdoors.com/article/smith-wesson-5906/

Great article. I always have my eye for a 2nd one.
 
Posts: 239 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a first generation Shield and it didn't fit my hand. I happily sold it. The first non-Glock I bought was a CS9. I still have it and I would happily carry it long before I go back to the M and P guns or anything chambered in 380. On the other hand, I discovered CZs. Guns that truly fit my hand and don't have a manual safety. I carry Glocks for business and CZs for range fun.
 
Posts: 763 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I have sold both my Shields and carry pistols similar to the 3rd gen. I keep thinking I should buy a 5906 to replace the one I carried as a young man.

https://athlonoutdoors.com/article/smith-wesson-5906/



I've had a couple 5906 pistols over the years. I kept the target variants, including this long slide.



 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I have sold both my Shields and carry pistols similar to the 3rd gen. I keep thinking I should buy a 5906 to replace the one I carried as a young man.

https://athlonoutdoors.com/article/smith-wesson-5906/



I've had a couple 5906 pistols over the years. I kept the target variants, including this long slide.




You don’t see too many of the long slides. Beautiful weapon.
 
Posts: 239 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
What I wouldn’t give for Smith to reintroduce and support the 3913 or 6906.
 
Posts: 915 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I have found that both guns are still plentiful, but support is terribly expensive in some instances.

I have that old third gen Smith itch. Along with old Smith revolver itch. And it’s never the guns themselves that stop me short. It is the cost of support that gets me. The limited number of holsters available. I saw magazines for a 4506 on GB last night for $200 per. Saw 10xx mags NIB listed at $399. Wow.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38691 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 3rd Gen vs M&P Shields

© SIGforum 2026