SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P210 impressive
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P210 impressive Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Still kicking around Old World Craftsmanship vs American Ingenuity, eh?
Not me.
But I do see that the P210A comes with ergonomic features like beavertail, 1911ish thumb safety, and Lugerish* magazine catch that were only available on the Switzers by expensive Old World Gusmithing.

Re magazine catch: Does the P210A magazine drop free when the button is pushed? I was seldom so frustrated as the time I took my P210-6 to IDPA and had to try to reload in a hurry.

*"Lugerish". It amuses me to note that the side button magazine catch, commonly referred to as "American style" was introduced on the 1900 Luger while Mr Browning and Colt did not change from the "European" heel catch for another 10 years. I wonder if the Army requested the change, they had tested both Luger and Colt pistols, pre-1911,

Jim,

Couple things. Yes the magazine drops free on the P210A, but I’ll say that the target grips coupled with the flat mag release button make it difficult for me to easily hit it. The same holds true on the German Super Target models.

As for accuracy, I do wholeheartedly believe the Swiss guns are more accurate than the P210A or the German P210’s, for that matter. I think from a ransom rest at 50-100 yards, you would see the difference. That being said, these pistols are easier to shoot accurately due to the sights, beavertail, and in many cases, the trigger.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
<snip>
As for accuracy, I do wholeheartedly believe the Swiss guns are more accurate than the P210A or the German P210’s, for that matter. I think from a ransom rest at 50-100 yards, you would see the difference. That being said, these pistols are easier to shoot accurately due to the sights, beavertail, and in many cases, the trigger.

Eight or nine years ago a SIGforum member and his buddies staged a ransom rest test of several Swiss and German P210s and one P226 X5. Several five-shot groups from each gun at a fifty foot indoor range. The member initiated an interesting thread about that test. There was no clear winner (or loser), but the single best group was produced by the P226 X5. I don’t recall which ammo was used for the test.

The member provided photos of the test setup, and the best group from each gun.

In those days SIGforum threads disappeared after a certain time interval with no additional posts so that thread is lost.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Couple things. Yes the magazine drops free on the P210A, but I’ll say that the target grips coupled with the flat mag release button make it difficult for me to easily hit it.

True. The defunct Standard Model's grips would be better for action shooting and hasty reloads.

The 8 shot magazine is a disadvantage in IDPA ESP.
Bruce Gray was in cahoots with some outfit dressing up P210As and they had mag well funnels and +2 magazine bases.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The guys who like drop free mags aren't spending their own money on them. OK those of us who have them often only have one mag. Some of us have more than that, I've even got 2 22 cal mags, brand new. And I don't dump them on the concrete. I've got one that has been, but it doesn't go to the ground. Costs too much to abuse.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post