SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P210 impressive
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P210 impressive Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the rant could have been avoided by my establishing street creds up front. I've owned many Sigs to include W.German 228 and 229s.
My rifles included Anschutz and Mannlicher–Schönauers. Among my Scatter guns were Krieghoffs.
I've sold most of them but kept my American made Winchester M42's.
Experience comes with age and my earlier P210 comments stand.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sounder:
Perhaps the rant could have been avoided by my establishing street creds up front. I've owned many Sigs to include W.German 228 and 229s.
My rifles included Anschutz and Mannlicher–Schönauers. Among my Scatter guns were Krieghoffs.
I've sold most of them but kept my American made Winchester M42's.
Experience comes with age and my earlier P210 comments stand.

Check out what the custom and semi custom 1911 builders are making these days. So its apples to apples, compare them to the Sig 1911 Super Target, which is built to the same quality specs as the P210A (albeit a different design). Check out Freedom Arms revolvers for something else current.

Going back a few years, take a look at Smith & Wesson's Performance Center semi autos. Going back even farther, check out the old Colt Pythons or even a Smith & Wesson Registered Magnum.

I'm obviously not going to change your opinion, but there have been American made handguns that rival even the Swiss P210 for build quality and refinement. I don't feel anything Sig builds today is even remotely in the same ballpark.

I am NOT saying that the P210A is a poor quality pistol. Its a good quality gun and a nice performance value.

Congrats on your purchase. I look forward to shooting a P210A. I fully expect it to perform on par with my other P210's, as well as some of my other target pistols.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What parabellum said.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sounder:
What parabellum said.

Yes sir

Good luck with it.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your 210. After reading this thread about quality, I would think usa and eur. would be using same blueprints, same tolerances, same inspection method a CMM machine.... unless New Hampshire has a rogue inspector I would tend to think dimensional they would both be in tolerances. Just my two cents.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Congratulations on your 210. After reading this thread about quality, I would think usa and eur. would be using same blueprints, same tolerances, same inspection method a CMM machine.... unless New Hampshire has a rogue inspector I would tend to think dimensional they would both be in tolerances. Just my two cents.

Sig USA has never once made something identical to its Swiss or German counterpart. Now all of a sudden they have done it at half the price?

USA Sigs were always altered in some fashion, as is this P210A, which doesn't even use the same barrel locking design.

Pick up a Legend and a P210A back to back and the difference is apparent.

Now, some will argue that the P210A is a better value and I wouldn't argue that point. In fact, from a performance standpoint, I definitely agree. I wouldn't expect its performance to be any less. However, it is a different gun and not just by its design alterations.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Thanks for the information, and clarifying the difference. I
assumed they were the same.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
^^^^^Thanks for the information, and clarifying the difference. I
assumed they were the same.

At the end of the day, the performance is identical. I have not had the opportunity to shoot one yet, but I know several who have.

That’s what matters most to people anyway. For $1400 it seems like a nice value and a well built Gun for the money.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You just dont have it in you to act deceant toward other Members here in pistol topics. Sig USA has the finest machine tools available. The American manufacturers have the best quality metals available to them on the planet. American manufacturing can make the equal to any metal product on the globe, even better. American manufacturers do not produce the same designs as all other countries. The better quality products will cost more in the market. Well known is the quality of all our defense hand guns as the world has pretty well figured out how to launch semi auto defense pistol rounds, accurately to targets. What remains of American arms manufacturing is up to its eye balls in orders for products. That they even have time to produce high end arms for select groups of people, in small quantities is a blessing. If our 1911 pistol was designed and built to the same standards for battle use as the P210 pistol, the weapons would likely have never made the battle field, for their intended use. You did a fine job dumping on sounders' topic. You got brass balls insulting Member 12131. You dont know shit about American arms manufacturing accept you are priviladged to own some very nice guns. Good on you bac1023. We enjoy you sharing them with us. Para put you in perspective here as he values your input in Sig Forum. You should be respectful of the Membership here and be certain to wipe your shoes prior to entering the room sir. Just my thoughts and I didn't spend much time thinking about it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have an American P210 here in MA, and I'd lover to compare it to my Swiss Arms.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
You just dont have it in you to act deceant toward other Members here in pistol topics. Sig USA has the finest machine tools available. The American manufacturers have the best quality metals available to them on the planet. American manufacturing can make the equal to any metal product on the globe, even better. American manufacturers do not produce the same designs as all other countries. The better quality products will cost more in the market. Well known is the quality of all our defense hand guns as the world has pretty well figured out how to launch semi auto defense pistol rounds, accurately to targets. What remains of American arms manufacturing is up to its eye balls in orders for products. That they even have time to produce high end arms for select groups of people, in small quantities is a blessing. If our 1911 pistol was designed and built to the same standards for battle use as the P210 pistol, the weapons would likely have never made the battle field, for their intended use. You did a fine job dumping on sounders' topic. You got brass balls insulting Member 12131. You dont know shit about American arms manufacturing accept you are priviladged to own some very nice guns. Good on you bac1023. We enjoy you sharing them with us. Para put you in perspective here as he values your input in Sig Forum. You should be respectful of the Membership here and be certain to wipe your shoes prior to entering the room sir. Just my thoughts and I didn't spend much time thinking about it.

Wow, you just typed all that nonsense?

Hey, whatever you say there, David. I was only trying to keep things in perspective. Has nothing to do with being “decent” towards members. I was addressing the gun. It’s just debate, like what forums are for. I said multiple times that I think it’s a good value with no drop off in performance. Do I have to love every gun that gets posted? I’ve posted many guns asking for honest feedback and never had an issue with anyone being objective. I own tons of guns that others may not care for. I honestly don’t care either way. I just like to hear opinions.

As for American firearms, I’ve got hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of handguns built in this country in all price ranges from very cheap to the opposite. I do a lot of study on them and range testing with them, so I don’t appreciate your assumptions or your damn tone. If you think this new P210A is the finest America has to offer, I’m happy for you.

I don’t think I violated anything Para said. I value my membership here and have been here near 15 years...maybe take a look at the rules yourself.

Good day

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to have an American P210 here in MA, and I'd lover to compare it to my Swiss Arms.

I think you will be pleased with its performance, Arc.

While I haven’t had the chance to shoot one yet, I know several who have.

posted Hide Post
Yes, bac. Some of them even share with the rest of us, only to get dumped-on.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
Yes, bac. Some of them even share with the rest of us, only to get dumped-on.

No problem at all.

I have some posted over the last couple of pages. Start with the FK BRNO. It got dumped on plenty on different forums.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:

Hey, whatever you say there, David. I was only trying to keep things in perspective. Has nothing to do with being “decent” towards members. I was addressing the gun. It’s just debate, like what forums are for. I said multiple times that I think it’s a good value with no drop off in performance. Do I have to love every gun that gets posted? I’ve posted many guns asking for honest feedback and never had an issue with anyone being objective. I own tons of guns that others may not care for. I honestly don’t care either way. I just like to hear opinions.

As for American firearms, I’ve got hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of handguns built in this country in all price ranges from very cheap to the opposite. I do a lot of study on them and range testing with them, so I don’t appreciate your assumptions or your damn tone. If you think this new P210A is the finest America has to offer, I’m happy for you.

I don’t think I violated anything Para said. I value my membership here and have been here near 15 years...maybe take a look at the rules yourself.

Good day

You insult members and act like a snob, call a handgun someone is proud of an "American abomination" then say its not that bad it's actually quality, and now you go from being a tool to others to playing the victim.

I'll bow out of this thread now.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
quote:

Good day

You insult members and act like a snob, call a handgun someone is proud of an "American abomination" then say its not that bad it's actually quality, and now you go from being a tool to others to playing the victim.

I'll bow out of this thread now.

LMAO!

I clarified the abomination comment, but whatever. I think it’s an abomination for Sig to change the design and call it a P210. Never meant to imply the gun was. My mistake.

Not sure when I played the “victim”. Frankly I don’t care enough to worry about that. I just didn’t appreciate the tone.

...but it’s good you’re bowing out. Obviously you have nothing to add as far as knowledge is concerned.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
bac, you need to cool it. Just cut it out. You aren't helping matters. Mind your manners.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
bac, you need to cool it. Just cut it out. You aren't helping matters. Mind your manners.

Yeah I definitely tweaked a few people with my opinion.

I’ll also bow out of the thread. Sorry for the troubles Smile

posted Hide Post
After following this thread and reading other threads concerning the "new" American made P210 I'm going to buy one.

After 50yrs of shooting experience and until this July when I purchased a new p365 I've never owned a 9mm firearm ... shot a few, but you read right... never owned one till last month.

Now I'll own my second 9mm to go along with my other match grade 45mm Sigs, Colts and Browns. I'm really looking forward to this new to me caliber and breaking in the P210.

All the best gents .... such is life

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah I definitely tweaked a few people with my opinion.
I wouldn't be too proud of myself, were I you.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post