SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If You Don't Have A Decent Airgun.....Git Youself One More SIG ASP Super Target Shooting.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Don't Have A Decent Airgun.....Git Youself One More SIG ASP Super Target Shooting. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I may not have my own outdoor range but I have spent years building up my airguns and pellet stash and built houses with indoor airgun shooting in mind and it is just so nice to be able grab a gun, pop some pellets at 21'-55'. It continues to amaze me how much enjoyment I get from these things even during the best of times. They are a Godsend during times like these.

If you don't have yourself a good airgun.......git you some. Big Grin

Tonight I was dorking around with my SIG ASP Super Target with some different pellets and managed this little group of 15 shots at around 21 feet offhand. (I know not 10M and certainly not Olympic material but last time I checked, neither am I, so I am happy.)

I wish I could give you some excuse for that one outside the group on the bottom like it was damaged pellet, or an air leak, or spider crawled up my leg........but alas tis' pure ineptitude on my part. I knew it was going wild before it left the barrel. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
cslinger,

Absolutely spot on!
Still laughing at your "I suck" annotation. Smile

Nothing exotic or expensive here but damn they're fun indoors (I can get 10m) or outdoors. Big Grin No open sights for this old man.

Gamo Accu-22, Webley Hawk MKIII, Crosman 1300KT, Crosman P1322

Some of the ammo. Smile

Yeah that 1/4" stereo plug is used to seat pellets. LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah that 1/4" stereo plug is used to seat pellets

That’s a great idea.

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I'd like to start my son with air guns. I've been told, spend the extra money. Any hints on junior rifles?
They have Anschutz waiting for them when they hit the 22LR. Cool

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Buy a Beeman R7/Weihrauch HW30S and he will pass it on to his kids and you will both LOVE it. Easy to cock, easy to shoot, fantastic trigger, well made etc.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If anyone's interested, I got an email today from SIG saying that the ASP airguns are on sale.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would really like to hear what people have to say about the Sig ASP 20 scoped rifle.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
If anyone's interested, I got an email today from SIG saying that the ASP airguns are on sale.

I took a look on the website and the Super Target shows "not available in your area". WTF? There are no pellet pistol restrictions that I am aware of in MN.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting yhis, I've been considering this model.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have a gas powered P226, not as fancy dancy as the Super Target,

Online it's available for $349 most anywhere so that's a decent price from Sig..

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...rget-air-pistol.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Man, that Sig ASP Super Target looks like a barrel of fun Smile

Unfortunately, our budget, much like the country, is kind of locked-down atm, due to the negative impact on our retirement account. So I'm gonna have to forgo that one for now. I may make it my next "firearm" purchase, after that, though.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
yeah, I've been looking for a P17 Kel Tec,

rare as hen's teeth especially at sub $200 pricing.

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Here's the best I could do:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VMAN
posted Hide Post
I have one and it has been good so far. the rifle is very accurate and dependable. The combo was tough to find anywhere, so I ended up finding one on Gunbroker.

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Would really like to hear what people have to say about the Sig ASP 20 scoped rifle.

Posts: 354 | Location: Savage, Minnesota | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Very accurate and nicely made.
Solid and feels good in my big hands.
Finish and grips are airgun-grade OK but nothing special.
The trigger is excellent.
Sights are nice, but I ran out of "down" adjustment on a short range.
Also, the black front blade needs some color to help it stand out in the site picture.
Loading is a pain with fat fingers, and a loading device won't work because of the design of the breach partially obstructs the barrel.

Overal, nice airgun for training and in the right hands it should be a very accurate entry-match pistol.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Here's the best I could do:

Oh for the lack of a basement.....

Now maybe I can do that in the garage....

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I would love to hear recommendations for a pistol and rifle.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

What do you want?
Pure firearm understudy?
Accurate shooting?
Indoor/outdoor/range you plan on shooting?
Will you be using it to "pest" or just plink?

If I were to answer for ME personally I would say get the following.

RIFLE - HW30s/Beeman R7 in a configuration that fits your desires. Quiet, super accurate, extremely well made, a trigger like BUTTA, easy to cock, easy to shoot, self contained and super fun.

PISTOL - HW75. Quiet, accurate, awesome trigger, well made, SSP so easy to shoot and super fun.

If I wanted a strict firearm understudy
Get a professional training gun level Airsoft AR15 and Pistol of your choice. The high end Airsofts are decent training aids.

There are a many many many other options but for an all around mid tier (READ that as its gonna cost you firearm money) I think the above work extremely well.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

What do you want?
Pure firearm understudy?
Accurate shooting?
Indoor/outdoor/range you plan on shooting?
Will you be using it to "pest" or just plink?

If I were to answer for ME personally I would say get the following.

RIFLE - HW30s/Beeman R7 in a configuration that fits your desires. Quiet, super accurate, extremely well made, a trigger like BUTTA, easy to cock, easy to shoot, self contained and super fun.

PISTOL - HW75. Quiet, accurate, awesome trigger, well made, SSP so easy to shoot and super fun.

If I wanted a strict firearm understudy
Get a professional training gun level Airsoft AR15 and Pistol of your choice. The high end Airsofts are decent training aids.

There are a many many many other options but for an all around mid tier (READ that as its gonna cost you firearm money) I think the above work extremely well.

Are they single shots?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post